Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi,

Here is a map of the Iberostar Costa Dorada Resort.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/304320/photo228.html

If you get back to me with specific questions on the ICD I will be pleased to answer them as I have been to this resort 6 times now.

The dress code for evenings in the buffet restaurant is casual if you wish but lots of people do dress for dinner as well. The men must not wear vests/tank tops it has to be T-shirts or polo shirts, dress shorts can be worn but not swim shorts.Toe post sandles can be worn by women but men must wear sandles/shoes/trainers NO flipflops.There are staff checking on guests attire at the doorway and I have seen some guests asked to change before being allowed to enter for dinner.

In the A La Carte restaurant long trousers are mantatory for men with only T-shirts or polo shirts.

If you wish to eat at the pool side bar/restaurant for lunch you can go in your beach wear but must cover up with shirts for men or cover-up over bikini for women,I have witnessed some people not doing so and have not seen them asked to cover up, but it does put you off your food seeing big paunches and flabby stomaches lol.

Lobby bar you must have shirts or cover-ups while drinking there and the barmen do adhere to that policy,people wanting a late afternoon drink/coffee have not been served unless they are properly dressed.

Concerning currency, we only take $US for tourist card on entry and for departure tax, the rest is only to use pesos, pesos is only accepted in the ICD shops, tipping in pesos is also advisable as then the staff dont have to lose on exchange rates if you tip in $$$ they cant spend $$$ for their local shopping.I know that most items when out and about is in $US but if you pay in $$$ you will get the change in pesos so items will be costing you more in the long run with exchange rates, just ask the shopkeepers that you want to pay in pesos, its no problem.

If you want to contact the resort about a certain Block you wish to stay in about 2 weeks before travel e-mail the hotel on :-

costa.dorada@iberostar.com.do

The hotel always get back to you within 48 sometimes 24 hours. Could'nt speak highly enough of the hotel and staff.

Well thats a little starter for you to read as I said get back to me and I will answer all your queries.

Angie.
Would also recommend using Martin from http://www.isairatours.com/ for all your tours. Very nice gentleman and no pressure whatsoever. You can find him just across the road from your hotel. Has you come out of the main entrance of the hotel turn right and approx 100yds on the left you will find a mall, has you enter the mall Martins office is the first unit on your right.

Will taylor your needs to whatever you want, and most importantly much cheaper than booking with your tour operator.

I still receive emails from him occasionally asking how the family are. If you want to know which trips we did, then let me know.
thanks for the help could you suggest a room number on a low floor near a pool both hubby and i have had back surgery, also are they very strict on men wearing long trousers and shirts for the al a cartes i feel so sorry for men having to dress this way in that heat, also is it easy to book the al a cartes , also do you know if they do a later check out i know when we were in cuba we paid extra and stayed in the room right up until departure which was excellent. thanks
Hi,

I can suggest Block 8 as we always request this block as it is central to everything and luckily our requests have always been granted as requests are always subject to availability, you will be unable to request a specific room number, but in your request mention your back problems and ask for a ground floor room.Pool View, they will do their best to accommodate your request.
Concerning long trousers and collared shirts for men in a la cartes, yes they are strict and have denied customers entry and asked the men to change into long trousers before dining. It is written in the info leaflet given out to all guests in your arrival packet stating that it is manatory to wear long trousers, so you have no excuse by saying you did'nt know of this ruling.The a la carte restaurants are air conditioned except for the tropical which is the outside pool/snack bar in the day which they transform to the tropical for evening dining.
Booking are easy for a la cartes you book them in the reception area of the lobby at a special desk where they will give you a piece of paper with your booking on it to hand in on your evening of dining at the particular a la carte booked.
Yes they do have late checkout for a fee subject to availability only though, but this year our checkout was'nt until 1pm and the coach transfer was pickup at 1.30 for our flight which took off at 5pm.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.