Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Is this the one in Port el khantoui?????

Daveyboy 8)
yes thats the one.
Hi Poppy

I have stayed at the sister hotel next door,(El Mouradi Palace)and i have had friends who have stayed at the Sol el Mouradi and reccomended it.

I also went for a drink on various occasions and it looked ok to me,(right on the beach)

If you actually go you can also use the pool and facilities in the
El Mouradi Palace (4plus star) and that is very big and the service is spot on,been there twice!!

Hope this helps,let me know if you need anymore info.

Daveyboy 8)
Thankyou,still trying to sort things out.
Have been there twice, the only time I have broken my own rules about never going back to a hotel, after all the worlds a big place.
Enjoyed it, hotel is friendly, food was OK, waiter by the pool, Morad?? was excellent. Its on the beach, bneach was clean when I was there. Plenty for kids to do, recommended.
i want to go back to the sol moradi hotel pek next year ,have looked at several websits cannot find this hotel in any bouchers ,can anyone help :P
Hi Maxinegill - you will find all the info for the mouradi chain of hotels on http://www.solmelia.com. If there is not enough info there for you - type sol mouradi hotel tunisia in the search bar and you will get all the agents etc for this hotel. Jenny
had a brilliant hoilday last year ,didnt want to go home ,hope you have a good holiday
Hi,

has anyone been to this hotel this year, or specifically, the last few months?

All reveiews we read up to late last year, said that the hotel was excellent, and people didn't want to leave/would definitely go back.

However, we have just read a review on here (from May) and some reviews on another website (Holidays Uncovered) which suggest that the hotel has/is going through a refurbishment over the summer.

There are varying reports, suggesting that the finished rooms are spot on, but they were/are still accommodating people in blocks/rooms scheduled for refurb, which have missing/broken tiles, shabby paintwork/carpets, etc.

One report also said that even though a sea-view was booked and paid for, they were housed in a room overlooking a car park! We have booked a sea-view room, which was obviously at a supplement.

Hopefully all refurb works may have been completed, but the wife is now panicking it, and we fly out on Sunday, for two weeks.

We also have a 33 month old son, so if the room has anything that may cause him harm, I will be demanding to move immediately.

Cheers for any advice offered.

MJ
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.