Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Re: sol/tordos
59 Posts
hi,has anyone stayed at the sol/tordos in palmanova since the refurbishment that has taken place over the winter has taken completed.would welcome any info and pictures if possible.looked on many websites for new photo,s but have only found one on alpharoooms.co.uk.looking to go 9th of august so need to get booked up sooner rather than later. many thanks ian. :sun2 :cheers
i've not got any pictures, but I came back from the Mirlos 2 weeks ago.

I cannot comment on what it looked like before the refurbishment, apart from what I heard whilst there, that the pool area is vastly improved. The reception area of the Mirlos looks very cosmopolitan with soft lighting.

it drew gasps of admiration from new holiday makers.

If you have any specific questions, I'll try my best to answer them

regards

Daniel
my husband was on a stag weekend 2 weeks ago and he had a look in as we go end of August. He said the pool area has changed vastly there is now 4 pools and the stage has moved and the reception area has been refurbed also the outside stage has moved, the original pool at the tordos has been filled in and moved. The only thing is that the kids pool is round the back of the mirlos now which is a bit of a nuisance if you are staying at the tordos. Diane.
hi daniel,see you stayed in the mirlos.did you go to the tordos next door, if so what did you think. :cheers
Only ventured into the tordos, a couple of times, they had the football playoffs on a big screen. it looked a nice hotel, had a peer in the restaurant, it looked nicer than the mirlos's restaurant.

sorry cannot be more of a help with the tordos
Hi I stayed in the tordos is October and I think the only refurbishment is the pool area and reception. They have added big screen tvs to the lounge and moved the bar outside. I think the Tordos is a fab place anyway so the improvements can only enhance it. I will say that it is a very busy hotel and the pool area was usually cramped but now with the extra pools this shouldnt be the case. Also the lifts are very small and sometimes you can be waiting ages for a lift especially around 5 or 6pm time so a low floor is better to walk the stairs. I wouldnt recommend it if you havent got kids we are going again in August this will be our5th time. Diane.
I am staying at the Sol Tordos Palma Nova in July, can any advise what are the best hotel room views to ask for - Pool or Sea?? or are the pool views and the sea views on the same side?? any good room numbers?? best floors to be on etc??
many thanks x
There are no sea views at the tordos only the mirlos. The best rooms in my opinion are the pool view rooms as the other side of the building faces the road. The best floors are the low floors as the lifts are very small and sometimes you can end up waiting for ever for the lifts so u end up walking the stairs. One year we went and my sister was on the 2nd floor in a family room overlooking a roof at the back and someone actually climbed in her room whilst she was in the shower and took money an her phone i actually seen him from my room going in to hers he was pretending to be looking for a ball he was not english but by the time we got to her room he was in and out, so if you get a low floor with access be careful to lock your doors. Dont let it put u off though cos weve been back a few times since and had no problems but saying that we have been on high floors.
Just wondering if you can hire a fridge and if so how much? We are travelling with a 1 year old and would be handy to have.
Thanks
Not sure about hiring from hotel but if you have probs try a company called Lower Hire who hire out stuff throughout the island - we hired a mini fridge from them on our recent stay in Cala Bona and everything went without a hitch.

Tis
We hired a fridge at Mirlos/ Tordos last year and it cost 50Euro for a week. If you email this lady Annabelle Dhaenens [annabelle.dhaenens@solmelia.com] she's the one that sorted it for me.

However we didn't really use it much. We mainly got it to store fresh milk for our 18month old, but found out that they use full fat milk in the bar & restaurant so just filled bottles from there. Barmen were more than happy to take empty bottle and fill it up for us. Also as part of AI they did small bottles of water which was great.
If you would like to read or add to our reviews, please click here.

David :wave
we have just come back from a weekend in palma nova and friends of ours stayed at the tordos, and they said it was a nightmare there were lots of stags and hens there and there was a group of about ten lads who caused a few problems there throwing beer about and kicking balls etc the police were there a few times. Now i have been there about 5 times in the past and never had this trouble and we are going back in august so i am suprised. We always go school holidays so maybe this is why the new lay out is nice 2 big pools and 2 kids pools the lounge has had a bit of a refurb but not as nice as the mirlos. Anyway if they have any sense they would stop the stags and hens going there but i think business is that slow everywhere they cant afford too. If anyone wants anymore info just ask.
This hotel is modern on the ground floor only in the Mirlos as in 2007 there was a fire in the hotel.

Never ever got an apology for the kids club error from my tour operator or the hotel.
bank holiday week go on the 25th of august for a week cant wait just hope the weather is nice as i know sometimes the weather in majorca can be changeable, might see some of you there . Diane.
Just booked this hotel for a short 5 night break in Sept and we are going all inclusive. Can anyone reccommend which hotel to ask for as I am going to email the hotel before I go. I believe the Tordos is where the all inc guests stay but you can ask for the Mirlos and still be all inc. Are the facilities the same in the Mirlos for all inc such as drinks with meals etc and are they self service?
Also is there much of a view from the low floors as I was going to ask for this. Have the pools in both hotels been refurbished or just one? Many Thanks for your help..............
ask for Mirlos top floor.good views off beach from them rooms.
** Post deleted due to phone style text as previously advised. luci HT Mod **
can you please tell me why my comment was deleted as i wasnt aware i was doing something wrong. Diane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.