Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Sol Tordos
59 Posts
I was there 4 or 5 years ago and we kept on hearing the pool area was going to be refurb but nothing happened. I hope it is because we thought it was one of the worst pool area's we have seen. The pool is tiny, something that seems to be the norm in south of the island.
If you hold on for a few days, I think Woninb will be able to give you the present position on Tordos / Mirlos. Think he's away for a few days in UK, but does check on here from time to time.

Cheers

Adam
Anyone stayed here? Taking my toddler here next month and wondered if it would be worthwhile requesting a ground floor room. Is the ground floor balcony area enclosed or could he run off into the complex?
This hotel doesn't have any rooms on the ground floor, the first floor rooms look out over a flat roof, but there is the same barrier/fence as you would find on the the balconies further up the hotel. So no difference really.

Robin
thanks!!! I hear the queue for the lifts are a bit of a pain so going to try for a first floor room!
Is there a creche facility at this hotel suitable for a 2 year old? If so, is it any good? I know its a flintstones themed hotel and that the have kids clubs but wondered if they had facilities for a 2 year old? Also, do they have a playpark on site or near by? thanks x
I would say that the creche is suitable for a 2 year old, we went in October last year when my daughter was 17 months and she went a few times, sometimes we left her other times stayed with her. There isn't loads of stuff there but great to give you a break for an hour or so, did see this one boy that was there most of the day almost every day. They also sometimes do crafty things like colouring and sticking. There is a playpark on site at the back between the 2 hotels. HTH, katy
thanks Katy. Do you know how much it costs? We won't be leaving him there all day every day but maybe one morning to get a break for an hour or 2?
It was free when we went. It's at the bottom of the stairs near the laundry room in the hotel with the shop (can't remember which is which now!)
Hi there we have been to the tordos several times, and yes the creche is free, as are all the other kids clubs. The only thing with the older kids clubs is that they are not signed in or out and they usually just meet at the stage. the crech though is different kids have to be signed in and out there is soft play and dvds etc, the only thing I would say though is it depends which girl is running it. One year we went and the spanish girl running it clearly did not want to be there and mainly just sat, so I did not like putting my son in it. Most other years the girls have been brilliant so just check it out when you get there. Diane.
hi ,has anybody been to the tordos/mirlos since the alterations which took place over the winter have been completed.if so could you please let me know what you thought, because thinking of going again august.many thanks ian, anita ,danielle . :sun2
hi my husband just came back form palm nova on a stag weekend and he checked out the tordos cos we are going in august. He said it looks good it now has four pools and the stage has been moved and so has the bar. I think the pool that was in the tordos has been filled in and moved over and the shape has changed. There is a review written on here from someone who just came back.
Diane.
thanks,will check it out.never know might see you in august. :cheers
Hi,
I have been to sol tordos a few years ago and going back in 6 weeks. I have been searching the internet for the 4 new pools and some information on them, as someone told me on another review site that there was no kids/babies pool at the tordos, only a deep adult pool.(may 08)
If anyone can put my mind at rest please help!
Does anyone know where the kids bits are situated and what are they?
HELP!
cheers sue.
Just came back yesterday from the Sol Mirlos/Tordos.

I dont know what it was like before the renovations, but the hotels now have a modern look, but have retained the flintstones theme for the kids.

The pool at the tordos, whilst being smaller than the one at the sister hotel Mirlos, was always full of kids, so i dont think it was too deep.

The main kids pool is at the Mirlos, which literally is next to the Tordos and would take 1 minute to reach.

The kids entertainment seemed really good, with lots going on.

I stayed at the Mirlos, so can answer any specific questions about that hotel you have.

Daniel
I am looking at booking the Sol Mirlos for later this year and would love to know anything you can tell me about the hotel and Palma Nova, we are a family of 4 with two boys age 11 and 7, me and my husband like to relax buy the pool or beach with a cool drink we enjoy joining in any daytime entertainment we also love our food, "well I do", is there a pool snack bar? What about evening entertainment? What about the hotel food, are they any better views to ask for, for a hotel room?? We stayed at Magaluf a couple of years ago, I have heard Palm Nova is a bit like this but a little quieter thank you Debbie.
Hi Debbie Ihave stayed at the tordos a few times. If you stay in the mirlos you are usually half board and the tordos is all inclusive the hotels are right next door to each other, and as they have both recently been updated then there are 4 pools instead of two. It gets very busy in high season but things might change now with the extra pools. The entertainment is very good and there is usually things going on day and night. They usually do a few shows were the kids get dressed up and get involved. As for the food I think there is always something for everyone and my kids are fussy. Ice creams and ice lollys are included in the all inclusive. As for a snack bar I dont know about the mirlos but I know the tordos has the restaurant open between meal times and they have burgers chips toasties etc throughout the day. As for the rooms in the mirlos the best are the sea views but they are high up. In the tordos the best views are the pool ones as the otherside over looks the road. As for palma nova it is much quieter than magaluf and a nice little resort. The beach is a two minute walk away and it is very nice. Anything else you want to know just ask. Diane.
thank you very much for this speedy reply, how long is the journey from the airport, would you pre-book taxis??any idea of cost?? Debbie
hi Debbie
when i stayed a few years ago it was great fun right next to the beach and loads going on. we stayed all inclusive in the tordos and going back in july, food was brill but you do have to eat your snacks in the restaurant (good idea as lots of us brits are filthy! as i found out last year in tenerife)
I loved it and cant wait to go back! even more now i know there are kids pools.
it's about 25mins from airport. they reckon its about 35 euros each way in taxi.
ive been searching transfers all night and just found JANERBUS to be really cheap, just fill in the form and they email you back with a quote. really efficient and you don't need to pay till you get there.
we were after a mini bus for 8 people and we were quoted 104 euros return thats 90 euros cheaper than some others ive tried.
hope that helps. sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.