Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
There was a review on a holiday website called on the beach and the other was on tripadvisor. Both reviews are positive and i think the hotel sounds really nice and worth a shot. :)
There are now 3 reviews on TripAdvisor....all of which give the hotel 5 out of 5. I am happy now that I booked this and seems like we got a bargain too!!!
I emailed the reservations dept and they guaranteed me the pictures represented the hotels actual appearance and that the rooms were all as the pictures show. They also attached some pics in their reply :)
a 4th review has now been added :)
and also some proper pictures of the pool area where u can see the room blaconies etc

it looks lovely, got myself a bargain
Well ive been and booked our summer break aswell and got a bargain. Cant wait to go....looks really nice. :)
Hi,

Me and my husband have just booked this hotel for the 19th feb so if anyone has any questions let us know and we will try to get the answers!!!
If you could try and get some more pics to post on here that would be great. And a great review hopefully!! :)
After reading the reviews my husband and i have booked for 18th February. See you there Idriver!
I am also thinking of booking at the Sol Y Mar this summer in June and would like some info about it, especially as to its location. There are some reviews on Trip Advisor which are all good so to me the only downside is location. If anyone can help with location I'd be grateful. Thanks
Ive not been yet but booked to go in September. According to some reviews the hotel is not right in the heart of the action or within walking distance to the beach but aparantly there is a bus provided which is a bonus. My other half has been to egypt before and said that a lot of the hotels around sharm are on the outskirts unless you go right into naama bay. I think i would prefer to be on the outskirts and then free to head into the busier areas when we want. :)
Hi all,

Well, after some deliberations I've gone ahead and booked for 18th March. It would be great to hear the views of those who are going this month. I'll post my thoughts when I get back.
To ldriver and burgess,

The one thing I would like to know is how much it would cost to purchase a day trip to Cairo (via flight).
Having looked on the net the cheapest I have found it is £150 per person, which includes return flight from sharm to cairo, guided tour of cairo, visit to pyramids, sphinx, lunch, shopping tour etc......but I am thinking that it may be cheaper to buy this tour when in Egypt as I will be able to haggle and may be offer to pay in English pounds (which may or may not help to drive down the price).

If you guys happen to notice the prices for such trips whilst you'er out there then please post on your return.

Have a good trip! :sun2
Hi Samrain
I too would like to do the air trip. W :sun2 ill let you know on our return if we found a cheaper option.
Hi Samrain,

A friend of mine has just returned from Egypt and went on the flight trip and said it cost about £170 each. I dont know where they booked it but im sure it was when they were in Egypt. We are going in September and are interested in the trip. I would be grateful to know where we could book it at the cheapest price if anyone can keep me updated.

Thanks. :)
hi i want to book this holiday at the weekend! but was wondering to everyone whos signed and visited are the photos real? because i have saw 2 different styles of rooms and one dont look as good as the other.
thanks!
Hi All,

Just booked up to go to Sol Y Mar sharks bay, all 13 reveiws on tripadvisor are fantastic. The price we have paid is A fantastic bargain. has anyone got any resort photo's? we go on 15th March. It will be our first time in Eygpt so any tips or info anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

Mel & Tony :cheers
Hi Mel & Tony welcome to HT :tup

I hope you have a great time in Egypt and if you could post a few words in our review section on your return that would be brilliant, no matter how long short please add it here if possible http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/sol-y-mar-sharks-bay/

Graham
Hi Mel, I to have booked we go on the 11th March so see you there! Who did you book yours thru? Good reviews on tripadvisor!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.