Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hello Amelia and welcome to HT :wave:

This is the website for the Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay and provides a good deal of information, http://www.jaz.travel/destinations/egypt/sharm_el_sheikh/solymar_sharks_bay.asp

There is a fact sheet available here http://www.jaz.travel/FactSheet/Sol%20Y%20Mar/solymar_Sharks_Bay.pdf

There are a full range of photos of the hotel here http://www.jaz.travel/Ut_Gallery.asp?hotelid=89&Gallery=1 looking at the pictures it looks stunning :tup

Graham
Wow! thanks so much Graham!

i hadn't seen those photos before, and it really does look amazing! i think it might be the place for us!

we'll be sure to write a review on it if we decide to go!

thank you for your help! :)
-amelia
Hi Amelia,

I am staying in this hotel myself in March 2010 and have the same problem as you! Cannot find a review anywhere as the hotel is very new. Me and my wife went ahead and booked it as we got a very good deal and it's advertised as 4 star so we thought we would try it......the images also sold us!

If you can wait until March before you book then I will be happy to provide a review.

In the mean time if anyone else has been to the hotel then I too would love to hear about it!
Thanks Samrain!

we've found a great deal on it right now, so if that holds out, we'll wait a bit before we book it.

It is just a bit scary as most of the images im pretty darn certain are photoshopped, if not completly made up. A lot of the angles are wrong with the tables and chairs in the bedrooms, and the shadows look a bit funny. not to mention the fruit thats in every picture...even the gym! :)
Out of interest, does anyone know where we stand on this, if we go and it turns out to be awful, yet the pictures have been doctored to look nice?

-amelia
If my memory is correct it is right next to the airport and I spotted it in passing on the way to Sea Life Resort in Nabq.

John
hi john!

how did it look from the outside, do your remember?

-amelia
Erm well I didn't want to say but it just didn't look right as in its in the middle of nowhere as in nothing else around it but then I picked the Sea Life first because there was nothing there just the beach but this hotel isn't on the beach but from what I have seen of the photo's on their website it looks great.

While I was there I used a driver from the hotel to ferry me here and there and have a look around and I have his number so if anyone wants to be met at the airport then shout as it will be far cheaper than running the gauntlet with those taxi drivers outside.

John
That's the problem i'm having as i dont think the photos on their website are real. If you look closely, quite a lot of the bedroom ones look super-imposed and fake. i have a feeling they might be completely made up, so going by the pictures could be risky, but no-one has written a review of it anywhere to see if it lives up to the images! doh!

To be honest, my bf and i dont like the beach! so we wouldnt be too worried about the fact it's not near one, but thanks for the heads up about the taxi guy! :)
-amelia
The hotel is not on the beach but the hotel have a free shuttle bus service to the beach which is good.

Amelia - you are getting me worried about these pictures now! :think
im sorry sam, i dont mean to worry you as youve already booked it at all. but i really do think theyre fake. i use photoshop a lot myself so look out for errors like they have made with the images and they stand out to me.

Where abouts would we stand on a refund side of things if we get there and its not like the picture at all? because i suppose Thomson did write 'planned appearance' under a few of their photos on the website, to cover themselves i'd assume incase people complain?

The thing is, its a risk to take booking this holiday that could either pay off incredibly or be a disaster i think. but honestly, i dont think it could be THAT bad surely?
Yeah it can't be that bad....it's brand new, classed as 4 star so how can bad can it be? If anything there will only be a problem with service whilst the hotel is finding it's feet.....other then that I am hoping it will be fine :sun2
Hi

Im thinking of going here this year.

I had the same worries as you lot so I emailed the hotel with a few questions.

This is the email address reservation@solymarsharksbay.com

Mike
you beat me to it Mike! I was about to do the same thing!

Can you let us know if they get back to you with any answers? :)
@sam - the only thing i can think of aswell would be that the palm trees surrounding the pool might be babies instead of the big ones on the planned appearance picture! hardly a big problem lol!

im sure we'll all be fine going here, but it would be nice to see what the hotel say! :D
-amelia
I had an email back this morning and they attached all the pics and asured me they were real

If you'd like them let me know
oh cool! well thats alright then! let's get it booked up! :)
thanks mike!
Hi Mike,

I'd appreciate seeing any pics you may have, thanks. :tup
hi mike?

was hunting the net for reviews myself as my gf and i are looking at booking up for this hotel for the summer

only managed to find one review which seemed very positive

but if you could possibly share the pics you have i would appreciate it
:)
My bf and I have also been looking at this hotel for the summer. Have seen a really good deal and its very tempting but as previously mentioned, as the hotel is new there is limited reviews etc about it. I have found two reviews so far, both of which were positive. Think its worth taking the chance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.