Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Sol Y Mar, Taba
5 Posts
Hi Elle,

The reason you can't find any reviews on this site is because we all usually refer to this hotel as The Sea Star. Having said that, there is only one review here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/taba/sol-y-mar-sea-star/

I have not stayed there but we always stop to let others on/off when visiting Nuweiba so have talked to many people who have been there. A couple of years ago, the reports were mostly very average or below but it does seem to be getting a little better lately. It is certainly one of the cheapest hotels in that area so is probably fair value for money. You asked about the beach, well, you have to cross the main road, turn right and walk a fair way down past the water treatment plant and you are there. Apparently, the pools at the hotel are fine.
Carrot, Water treatment plant? We were told - by Longwoods rep on the coach - it was a Gas pumping station you walk past to get to the Sea Star beach.

When people have joined the coach here (on way back to Taba airport) they've usually enjoyed their stay. If travelling with Longwood their area offices are here - so they can't be anticipating problems.
Could be either then, Alan. Bloke told me that the other week at Taba airport. I'm afraid I dont read arabic well enough :lol: :lol: :lol: to tell either way!!

What you can tell as you pass it is that pipes are involved!!
Well it ain't no giant Shisha factory that's for sure...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.