Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Soller
9 Posts
I stayed in "Casa Bougainvillea" http://www.casa-bougainvillea.com/ for two nights, the owners Matt and Nina made me feel very welcome. This is in Soller town, so no seaviews etc, but a great base to explore from.

If you would prefer Puerto de Soller (by the sea), try Hotel Esplendido, which i have heard good things about.

For Mallorquin food, i was recommended one of the small restaurants in the main square, was very good, and reasonably priced. The name escapes me though, if you stay at Bougainvillea, Matt will be able to tell you which one it was!

All in all a nice little break, if you have any questions let me know

Robin
Just checked the reviews section, this is not listed, please don't confuse this small B&B with the large complex in Sa Coma with a similar name.

Admins - can you add this hotel/B&B to the reviews section please
Wobinb

The accommodation has been added HERE for you.

Please write a review for us.

TIA

Kath HT Admin
Bougainvillea looks lovely, ideal if just the 2 of us but with a 17 YO, it will have to be the port. We are also only looking at S/C appartments.

Last visited Soller about 8 years ago, hope it hasn't changed too much since then!
Review added!

Not sure Soller has changed much, the port has had a bit of a makeover. The seafront is now pedestrianised.

I'm not so sure about taking a teenager to Soller, I guess it would depend on your son/daughter. But i'm 27, went there for a weekend and probably wouldn't want to spend too much longer there. The place is lovely, great base to go walking in the mountains, but there really isn't that much to do for kids.

Robin
Thanks Robin, only goiung for 4 days and have found nice big apartment, so sure will be ok.
Been to other busier places like Alcudia and even she hated them.
However, that will probably all change once she hits 18 :omg
you'll be fine for four days, was imaging trying to keep a teenager occupied for two weeks!
Hello Peter,

We visit Port De Soller every year staying at the Eden half board so do not eat out, but speaking to people who do one a rep for a tour company he told us that for Mallorquin food a good restuarant was the Es Port I beleive it only opens at lunch time it is opposite the Hotel Es Port, others he reccommended were the Sol y Sombre. In Palma the Cellers Sa Premsa has an excellent reputation as does the restuarant at Alaro which serves excellent lamb.

Dave :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.