Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I haven't holidayed with Solo's but I do know some who have. Mixed reports I've heard but they do have a good selection of holidays to choose from. I hear they put you in 'age' groups so whether that is what you'd rather have or not I'm not sure. For some people they want to be with the same age group, for others they like a nice mix.

I would, however, highly recommend Friendship Travel. I have holidayed twice with them last year and 2004. They are excellent and they have a website as well as small brochure. There's a small forum on the website which is really good as a lot of people are umming and ahhing about booking up, especially for the first time - lots of moral support and praise for the holidays and the people they met. Destinations not vast, but there is usually something to suit most.

I've been on a gulet trip in Turkey last year which was fabulous and our ages ranged from early thirties to fifties. We are all still in touch and some of us booked up again last year when I spent a week in Ovacik near Hisaronu/Olu Deniz followed by another gulet trip.

Have a look on the website - http://www.friendshiptravel.com and see what you think.

There is also another singles company called Travel One which has some different destinations. I'm still waiting on a report back from one of the guys we met last year as he went with them this time so he could go to Kalkan in Turkey for a week as FT don't run a trip to there.

Do go for it regardless of which company you choose!

Oh, nearly forgot there is a hotel in Crete that caters for singles only, they too have a website which I think is singlesincrete. It's called the Mistral and I have heard very good reports about it, a couple of the people I've met through FT also go there (many of the singles I've met on these two holidays go on as many as they possibly can throughout the year - money and time off allowing - totally addicted!).

The beauty of it is meeting lots of new people, not having to have an evening meal on your own, and company when you want it or not when you don't want it. There is absolutely no pressure.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.