Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
hya anna,i have been to tenerife lots,any of the resorts adjacent to playa de las americas are good dont believe every thing you read about the main resort, some parts are very seedy but there is loads of places to go, tons of restaurants with very good food and plenty of bars to suit all. costa teguise on lanzarote is a good resort, with some of the best food i have had on the canaries.if you need more info just ask, cheers baldystewart,
I think the Parque Santiago 3 area of PDLA is far more upmarket than the other end....we loved it so much last year that we are going back at the end of this month....don't know where they do AI in this area but I'm sure someone on here will know
Jandia in Fuertenventura is lovely. Also, Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Tenerife is ok but too built up for me
I'd say...

Tenerife - Costa Adeje or Los Gigantes/Playa La Arena, though the best all-incs are in Playa Paraiso.

Gran Canaria - Maspalomas or Puerto Mogan

Lanzarote - Playa Blanca

Fuerteventura - Hmmm not sure...wasn't keen on Corralejo or Calleta de Fuste, but as Janice says, Jandia is meant to be nice.
Whenever we've been past Playa Paraiso on the transfer coach...it seems to be in the middle of nowhere.
You've got to weigh up the advantages of all-incl with the possiblitiy that they are all-incl because there's nowhere else nearby to visit/walk to. :think

If you like walking then Los Gigantes/Puerto Santiago/Playa Arena are good but hilly. Spectacular scenery.
However for trips, you are probably better off in the south, where most of the attractions are.
We've been to Playa Paraiso,as somebody said it seems to be in the middle of nowhere,not much there at all.We definitely won't be in a hurry to return.T.
Playa Paraiso is definitely a one horse town and has no beach to speak of, but it does have three very good all-inc hotels, plus it's easy enough to get into PDLA either by taxi or hotel bus if you want some action.

I think the Iberostar Gran Anthelia (Costa Adeje) does all-inc now, but it's ferociously expensive.

Staying on the all-inc theme, the Luabay Costa Los Gigantes gets very good reviews.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.