Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Son Amor
12 Posts
I can't help Peter sorry as I've never been. You don't say if you've seen their website, incase you haven't have a look here:- http://www.sonamar.com/home.php?idioma=en

It might help with your decision until someone gets back to you who's been recently.
Thanks for the reply Glenys.

I have looked at the site and it looks promising, but I am someone who never judges a book by its cover, just hoping that someone has been recently.
I have booked to go to the Son Amor in May this year. I will report back my thoughts on my return if this will help.
Thank you ashric, it would help. Look forward to reading it.
Thinking of taking mum to Son Amar for her birthday when we are in Palma Nova in May. Would it be cheaper to book in the resort or could someone recommend a reputable company we can book with before we go. I did read one thread that mentioned a company called "No Frills" but unsure about using credit card on the internet if not heard of the company before! Also, how far is it from PN?
Hi I have booked with a travel counsellor over here and it has cost me £55 per ticket. If you want to PM me I can email her details to you. She is from a large reputable company so payment will be ok.
No Frills Excursions are excellent, we have been on trips with them on 2 holidays :tup

No problem booking over the phone.
hi if its the son amar thats the one we went to near palma it was ok we went to it 25 years ok and it was great but not so good this time no free wine and bland food and herded like cattle to the seats the show was good but we dident know that there was different priced tickets for meals so you see some people getting one course and you think when is mine coming only to be told your not getting this course as you dident pay for it when you booked it but i suppose its worth going to once ,,,,,
Hi just returned from Majorca where I went to see the Son Amar show. Very good organisation and as someone has already commented on there are different priced seats, although from what I could see all seats meant everyone would have a good view of the show. The food was ok, nothing special but not bad, free wine, water and soft drinks all night, coffee had to be paid for as did beer/lager and spirits.

The show was really good, although to be honest I inititally thought it was very amateurish. However as it progressed it got better and better. Whilst I am not one for lots of dancing this was different and very very good with fantastic special effects. The only negative about the show was the White Horse. I really could see no point to it and did not think it fitted in with the rest of the show. I took a group of students to see this and all of them without exception enjoyed it, except for the food!

Hope this helps.
Thank you for taking the time to post. It was very helpful. Will most probably see the show.

Again, thanks.
I went to see it late 90's and didn't think it was value for money, acts happen very quickly and the food was not terrible but not wonderful either, I didn't see a drink except for some nasty liquir they gave us. I wouldn't go again and wished I saved the money the first time around. Thats my opinion of son amor.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.