Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Son Caliu
6 Posts
Hi Helen

Son Caliu is a small area, at the far end of Palma Nova - I wouldn't really call it a resort, although it does have a few bars and Restaurants. It's mainly a complex of appartment blocks, and depending on where she is staying, it's not very "touristy" as a lot of British, German and for that matter Spanish residents live there.

It's not too far from Palma Nova, although that side of Palma Nova is a bit quiet anyway, and I really do think that she would be better finding somewhere in Palma Nova itself, June should not be too bad in Palma Nova, which in any case is hardly the most lively resort on the island!

Having said that, if it's her first holiday in Majorca, it's not a bad place to start off from, and she'll then get the lie of the land, and a feel for the resorts for her next visit.

The bus services through Son Caliu are good for Palma and into Palma Nova, Magalluf, Santa Ponca and Andraxt, and there is a good Supermarket (Mercadona) right on her doorstep.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Adam
i normally stay at that end of Palma Nova at the Villamar II

I like that end of the town as you ahev the little beach by the Son Caliu hotel and then lots of little coves around there, you also have the little marina, you can take anice long walk along the beach promeande so you walk past 3 beaches - its lovely at that end - i personally think you nicer restuarants that end -
Thanks for the replies. She has opted to stay further into Palma Nova at the Luxor Apts which I believe are not too far from the Tropico Playa hotel. If you know anything about these apts Goodfellow could you let me know so I can tell her about them.
Many thanks Helen
there are some reviews about these apartments
Hi Helen

Don't know anything about these appartments - I'm sure there will be others who do, or some link to a review.

Tropico Playa is right on the front I think, still at that side of Palma Nova, but still quite convenient for most things.

Cheers

Adam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.