Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Son Caliu
8 Posts
Son Caliu is an area Palma side of Palma Nova you turn left at roundabout entering Palma Nova.The Voranova apartments are located in Son Caliu,also the Hotel Gabarda,and its two sister hotels,which is aimed at 18-30s and owned by my good friend Sr Antonio Castillo.They run a 24hr bar here in the main building.
Palma Nova is depending where you are is a short walk away.
Thanks for that,we are going to be staying at the Villamar 2 apartment complex.
It is a private rent.I'm not sure but from looking on the internet,I think all the apartments in this block are owned privately.
villamar 2 are in a fantastic sea front location in a quite area,but not far from palma nova/magaluf if you want some life.
I would be very intrested in renting an apartment there could you put me in touch with the owner? I stayed at the son caliu apartments last year round the corner from yours.Ifyou go on the daltons holiday website you will be able to view them, they have two pools facing the sea, look under palma nova
we stayed in son caliu last June in a private rental. I wanted to stay at villamar 2 last year but the dates did not workout so while there I had a good look at villamar .The apartments are in a great location and if you have a front apartment you will have a fantastic sea view .The pool is set on the waters edge with private access by ladder to a small rocky cove. There is also access to son caliu beach via a private walkway. The beach is popular with the residents of the 4 or 5 * son caliu hotel but never loud or rowdy. Son Caliu cove has a restaurant and a snack/beach bar directly on the beach (man made beach with imported sand and a broken concrete deck at the waters edge which is hard on your feet ).The cove is rocky but great for snorkelling. The apartments are a short stroll from Palma nova and the night life and bars etc and of course some of the best beaches in Mallorca in my opinion .There are bars and restaurants closer to your apartment and also you are very close to a large caprabo (I think!) supermarket. If you need more info feel free to private message me .
As i said previously i would be intrested in staying at the villamar,could you put me in touch with the owner?is there a website for villamar 2?
Hi

I haven't had time lately to catchup with HT so sorry I didn't see your request.
We have booked through a friend of a friend who has kindly made all the arrangements for rental. We are paying £450 for 2 weeks in July/August school holidays+ flights.
I haven't any info to hand but as soon as I do I will post details for you.
The appartment itself overlooks the sea with a balcony. I believe it is one bedroomed with sofa beds to make up in the living quarters if required.I think it may sleep 5 - 6.
The people who reccommended the appartment have been several times so I have no worries that it will be of a good standard.
I am aware though that there are no other vaccancies during the summer school holidays.

Also thankyou for the info so far on Son Caliu, we are looking forward to our holiday and it is pleasing to hear positive reports on the resort.
hi,Thanks for the reply.
I am looking to go around about the 8th of june for 2 weeks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.