Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
We went for 14 days 4 years ago and had a fantastic time.

3 days would be fine if you will just being staying in Sorrento and not doing in trips form there. It is such a quiet and relaxing place.

Helen
We did 3 days last year. Spent one in Sorrento. one on Capri and the third at Pompeii and Herculaneum.

Heading back to Capri tomorrow for 3 days wityh 3 more in Sorrento after that.

Side note: Looking at getting from Naples to Capri there was an option to go by helicopter. I emailed and asked how much for 2 adults from Naples Airport to Capri, thinking might be nice surprise for my OH, AS she loves flying as I do. They replied 1650 Euros!! I know that is for 6 people, but there is only two of us. I did wonder if we got to keep the copter after...lol
3 days is perfect...if in fact a little too long if anything if not planning on doing trips from there
Did a week a few years ago.

If you're staying in the town, then yes. Nice town with everything centred around main square.

Day trip to Capri worth it, but it will be a whole day. Doubt 3 days is enough if you want to see further sights like Herulaneum and Pompeii. Of the two, as you're pushed for time, see Herculanium rather than the latter.
My mother has always wanted to visit the area and is thinking of booking an 8-day organised tour to Pompeii, Capri and The Bay of Naples in May (costs approx £850 HB in 3/4* hotels), including guided tours worth £160). I've been looking at flights/hotels to see if it is worth trying to go independently as I would for the Algarve, but have no knowledge of Italy - any advice on where to stay? My mother is a very spritely 82 year old and would particularly like to walk on a beach as well as doing the tours. Many thanks for any help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.