Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Neil..What is jaggery never heard of it before..And do you eat it?
:) Hi Neil;
What great photo', never thought I'd hear myself say this but I think after 7 visits to the north I think I'm going to be looking at the south for our next visit but I will need some info on accomodation because we like to do it independently and not in a hotel, so any help would be useful :wave:
Many Thanks
Jayne :wave
Great photo's :D and 4 sleeps till we leave Scotland :cheers
Great photo's Neil,
Looking forward to the Videos :)
x lassi
NB what kind of accomodation will you be looking for?
:) Hi tightjock; I've sent you a PM regarding the type of accomodation we would be looking for.
Thanks
Jayne :wave
nice pictures neil thanks.. my OH has just bought me a camera for christmas,and im practising with it now so hopfully i will have some to show you all when i get back... :)
Neil your photos are stunning. Benaulim looks fantastic, must go there and have a look around.
Hi Neil..What is jaggery never heard of it before..And do you eat it?

I tried some earlier this year its very sweet sugar that has a taste that reminds me of black treacle, elephants love it according to the guides who took us on the tuskers and tigers trip.

I have copied the following description of jaggery from a recipe by Amund Jamand that we have downloaded from the BBC cookery website.

Jaggery is an unrefined, dark, hard sugar sold in blocks. Supermarkets have started to stock it, but it's a softer, more watery version of the real thing. Either will work, but the darker one has a more molasses-like flavour.

GMO6
Ian
Great set of photo's. I have so much still to see !
Great photos.Have to agree the south looks lovely.
what great photos - i'm even more excited now about going back to Goa - roll on Thursday!!
We're gonna be staying in Benaulim/Varca area too - not quite sure where Bernaulim starts/Varca finishes though....
I would say Benaulim finishes at 'The Taj Exotica'. Probably not exact but what I consider to be Benaulim is the area round the crossroads 'Maria Hall' down to the beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.