Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi I saw your pics and they are fantastic.
Make me want to go back there.
The one on the scooter was near the Silver Sands holiday village
and I was wondering if you know anything about it, location , style etc any info would be appreciated, thanks shirleyV
here are Allan's photos! Thanks Allan.
Hi Shirley V,
I like the location of the Silver Sands, near the beach ,some decent bars etc. we went in for a look around was not impressed, for a start the Pool looked dirty(not a good start) The rooms we looked at were like bungalows reminded me a bit of Butlins, not my cup of tea at all, but I have met people who have stayed their and they loved it.
sorry I can`t be of more help. Allan. :gluck
Great pictures Allan, particularly of Morjim and Jonny and co at Hard Rock, looking at the dates you must have been at Marinha Dourada last year same time as us.

Anyway we go on the 9th of Feb to meet up with my inlaws Anne and Steve who live just off Morjim Beach about 10 minutes walk from Hard Rock, infact your picture of Morjim is near the path to their place.

If anyone is around their on the weekend of 11/12 Feb we will be walking from breaffast at Camp 69 and I will be having my first Kingfisher in Hard Rock at midday.

Cant wait !
Hi Bigbaddad
:wow Small world ! we have known Ann & Steve for years( please send our love from Allan & Marian) we seem to have just missed each other the last few visits , have been to their place, we are back out Feb 2nd for 3 weeks so we will deffo share a few kingfishers with you all. :glynis .
I dont think the Hard Rock is their this season as Gilbert has emailed me to say he has gone on his own and opened a shack called the Reggae Shack, no doubt Johnny wont be far away.
When I took that photo of Morjim beach we had been down to Ann & Ste`s
but they were not their.Nice to see that you are travelling on my birthday. :fly
See you all soon, Allan & Marian XX
Hi Allan and Marian, I am buying unseen at Calngute Colonia De Braganza next new block off plan. I loved seeing your photos an it seems teh beaches are fantastic. I just wondered if you could give me any tips, had seen the hotel we are buiying into, and if you could give us a tip or two of best areas to buy and be in and ant properties you might buy apartment or attached to a hotel - wise.

We are planning to go in November when apartment finished which we are very excited about. Is Calangure ok to buy in in your opinion? Thanks and we felt better buying just seeing your pics. Stuart and Rosemary
Hi Stuart & Rosemary
I hope everything goes well for you, I dont really feel qualified to advise on what to buy and as for areas, we all have our favourite places ,personally we prefer Candolim which is a bit less manic than Calangute but having said that I wouldnt say no to an apartment in Calangute,dont forget all these areas are within easy reach of each other. Their are other members more qualified to give you advice on the benefits of buying into an hotel complex (or not)
We are going back next week I could drop in and take some photos of the complex for you if you want. sorry I couldn`t be of more help. :gluck Allan & Marian.
Morning Allan, small world eh. Just spoken to Steve on the phone and he is in Bosco's having a spot of lunch.

Just posted on here asking about those beach shacks north of their place where the westlife video was shot in 04. dont suppose you can recall the name of the place.

See you soon.

Garry, Amnada and Jonathan :D
Hi Allan and Marian,
Thankyou for your kind offer of photos. I dont expect you to when on holiday but if passing by great! I am told the old block apartments are very basic but the location is quite near to the beach and good location. But I need to go oout really. We are paying for 2 bed apart for Dec 06 new block, around £17k which we feel is a small risk relative to other investments we could make.
Nice of you to offer but we will underdstand if not possible. Have a great time. Stuart and Rosemary
Hi Stuart,
No problem to take the photos, we will be on the scooter anyway and we always like to have a nose around different places,cant spend everyday on the beach to much like hard work! somedays we just get on the scooter and see were it takes us. Allan.
Hi Alan - I'm just being nosey!
where are you staying in Goa?
Thanks shirleyV
Hi Shirley v, This time at the Nizmar only because we got a good deal, dont usually like staying in big hotels but we popped in their for a drink in November and it seemed ok.we are all nosey thats why we are on here, Allan.
Can I be even nosier and ask which hotel you have stayed at in previous trip to Goa????
Hi Shirley V.
Still cant make your mind up for your next holiday then? :wink:
In November We took our grandaughter and her two friends(their first time) I didnt want to take the chance of being split up in Hotel because I couldnt manage to get one with adjoining rooms,We stayed in Lin B`s 2 bed apartment , ideal location even put an extra bed in for us .
We had a great time and the girls loved every minute of it. Allan.
Yep you're dead right , cannot make my mind up at all.
Where would you like to stay, or thinking of staying and whats putting you off???
allan.
The choice of hotels on the particular flight I have to travel on is not that great, the choices are Highland Beach Resort, Silver Sands Holiday Village , Lagoa Azul , Osbourne resort and the Santa Monica in Calangute.
I just don't know which to go for there is quite a price difference between Lagoa Azul which is probably the nicer one and the other 4.
Just cannot decide whether to pay a bit more for the quality or go for one of the others and just use as a base seeing as we never used the hotel Marinha Dourada when we were there...decisions,decisions...
I have sent you a pm.
Allan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.