Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Cracking photo's RM, what snakes where they? They looked nasty!! :yikes

J.
Brilliant photos! Reminded me just how lovely Dalyan is!
Was the lady in the rowing boat the one that takes you over to Caunos? If so she's been doing that for years, when we
were there several years ago we didn't go on an organised excursion we went across with her. Much cheaper and more fun!
Your pics really captured the place, can't wait to get back over to Turkey next week!
Lovely photos, not sure about the snakes though. :rofl

Marn. :wave:
Yes, the rowing boat is on it's way over to the rock tombs. I think it's still the same lady that was doing it last time I was in Dalyan something like 10 years ago.

Why does everyone comment on the snakes?

I also included some cute puppy pictures , but do they get a mention? ;)

The water snakes are fairly small and I don't think they've eaten a tourist yet.

:rofl
Just back from Dalyan yesterday: 1 of the nicest places we've ever been --- just wonderful.
I've just downloaded our photos but after having viewed yours, think I'll have to go on a photography course! Your photos are superb :tup -
and yes the puppies are so cute, but I worry about all the stray cats & dogs wandering about :( Thanks for letting us all share them.
Thank you toastedmallow.

Julian - I've been advised that the big snake is a large whip snake (COLUBER JUGULARIS).

Cheers!
Brilliant pics Random number - but those snakes have put me right off the place! :(
Thank you Jacqui.

Helen - I really think it's a case of you needing to go looking for the snakes - I'm sure they won't come looking for you!

:yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.