Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi Lauren
I decided to change the thread title to highlight South Goa in the hope that the experts will be able to answer your queries :)
It depends what you are looking for but I can't think of a better way to see in the New Year than on the beach at one of the shacks beach parties, with fireworks, fire dancers etc. etc. and the view right along the beach is amazing.
One of the great things about Goa is that it is small enough so that wherever you are based you can still see all the sights, a thread worth having a look at is http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=84215&p=829813&hilit=otters#p829813
Hey, thanks for the info. Sounds good, but how do you know which part of the beach will have the most happening?
Those huts look great, will have a chat with my mate and see what she thinks might be a great trip.
Thanks again
Most of the shacks have a party night at least one night a week, so I am sure you will find a shack/shacks that you really like and then head there. You also have Colva/Benaulim/Cavelossim which are nearby.
cheers, hopefully we will. I'll have a chat to my mate nearer the time and we can come up with a plan of campaign. Good to know though.
I was speaking to someone who was in Cavelossim New Years Eve 07 and the beach was quiet and everyone was either in their hotel or in one of the local restaurants. (I know a regular on the forum who danced till dawn in The Goan Village :cheers ) so it might be an idea to check out the restuarants as well, so a lot of checking, eating and drinking to be done ;)
Hello Lauren ,
I sent your Mum GEL, a pm with a little info on the Betalbatim area . I don't think there will be much happening on the beach at Christmas or New Year, unless the Shacks do a special evening , and this you will soon hear about .
As I told Jock :wave: I didn't find anything special on Cavelossim at New Year, or on Varca and Utorda previous years, but the party at the Riverview went on and on.
One beach that will be buzzing, especially New Year will be Colva, when the Domestic tourists arrive.
Often parties and Events are advertised in the local newspapers, the Herald and Navhind times .
I will be in Colva next month, so will look out for places where the young people are . Benaulim isn't too far away and has a great atmosphere, IMO, try the Little Tiger shack and Pedro's and Johncy's restaurants.
Sorry I have never tried the Aruveda
I know a regular on the forum who danced till dawn in The Goan Village

That'll be me then :cheers

They tend to celebrate more Xmas eve night rather than Xmas day Evening. Our regular shack laid on a Xmas day party on the beach complete with Marquee, Live entertainment who was brilliant, Turkey( although i still have my suspicions that it was just a very large Chicken :rofl ) Stuffing, Roast Pots, Prawns, Suckling Pig - oh the food was plentiful. The food and drink was all included all day up till 5pm all for the princely sum of 650rps. It was the best Xmas day we have had in yrs. At the end of the day we walked down to the sea and stood and watched some dolphins playing very close to the shore with the sun setting in the background. It was a truly magical day and one I will never forget.

Edwins shack was the first/only shack to lay this day on but I suspect there will be a few following on the idea this year

Jocks right, New Years eve really isn't spent on the beaches down South - well at least not in my experience. People tend to either spend it in the hotels ( where most lay on a gala) or in their favorite restaurants. We spent ours in the Goan Village and had live entertainment and danced away in to the small hours again( i regret the high heels i wore that night, man were my feet sore) we left at 3.30 and were asked 'Why are you leaving so early' :really They really do make an effort to make sure you enjoy your self. Fireworks galore at midnight.

Goan Village Mikes Place and Getdown are all in the same vicinity and parties here go on till very early 1st Jan :cheers You will not be dissapointed in the celebrations at Xmas or New Year. You could always come and join us for the Xmas Day party at Edwins shack, would love to see you there :tup
Thanks for all the info and invite :D You never know you might see us. Poor you lol. I'm keeping notes on whats happening (how sad). Lots to cram into 2 weeks. I'll be conversing with my mate and see what the plan of action will be near that time. Any more info gratfully recieved. Ta !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.