Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There is a waterpark in both Belek and Antalya I think, forgive me if I'm wrong. These would possibly take around an hour to get to - we went to the one which I think is in Belek in 08 and it was very crowded, but this was the middle of the summer holidays. A lot of hotels also have waterslides.

There are loads of places to eat which are lovely...I would suggest trying out these places just for drinks before choosing which one to eat at, mainly so that you go to the one that your family find the friendliest (they are all really friendly).

As for the birthday cake, I don't know where you'd get one from (never had a birthday out there) but I'm sure you'd be able to get hold of one...like I said the restaurants are very friendly so I bet that if they knew it was a birthday they'd be able to suggest something.
Hi there

Have had some super holidays in the Side/Belek/Antalya regions and although we have always stayed AI this hasn't stopped us from getting out and eating with the locals and sampling some of their amazing restaurants............however, it has been a couple of years since we were there, but I think these places will still be up and running, too wonderful to just disappear.

Peteks is a cake shop Patisserie come coffee shop (Pastanesi) they have a shop in Side and also Manavgat, a few more too, but don't know where. I know you could get a wonderful cake from here, and if I am not mistaken you should be able to google in Peteks Pastanesi Side, and you should get some details, also there is another glorious cake shop off the main drag where they also sell Turkish Delight, (sorry don't know name) but you cannot miss it, next to shop that sells silver.

As for somewhere to eat, well you will be amazed at the choice you will have, some excellent places to eat over looking the sea.
Try the Trout Farm near Titryengol??? (sorry if I have mis spelled) a fabulous experience, and the whole family would enjoy it.

Google this too, for pics and details.

You could go into Kumkoy as another option, opposite direction from Side, there are lots of wonderful little cafe bars here too, so your choice is endless.

I hope this has helped a little, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday. And an early Happy Birthday to your daughter
a lovely restaurant is sound waves right on the small beach in side . im sure the owner there could arrange a cake for you. she is british.
I am sure you will be able to get a birthday cake in most restaurants if you give them a couple of days notice. Although I have no personal experience of Side specifically, I am sure it will be no different to other resorts in Turkey. We have had them a few times, and in one restaurant they even set off some fireworks, and played 'Happy Birthday' by Stevie Wonder!
Whre are you staying in Side.... if you are in Hotel, they will do it for you.

If you aren't, a local restaurant will.... and do sparklers etc. Shoiuldn't me more than £10 for a decent sized cake.
A fabulous restaurant just on the outskirts of the town centre is 'Memhets in the ruins' awsome food and surroundings. If you see them a couple of days before they will surely make you a cake!

Denny
Arghhhhhhhhh im too late haha

Perfect place

China Court (if you like Chinese)

Birthday Cake... fantastic deli near Side Leder... amazing cakes, my friends restaurant bought us a cake for my friends birthday once.

Hope u enjoyed your holiday, let me know where you went and stuff :)
I'm back there in 3weeks

:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.