Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
emailed sl airlines last night late and got a phone call first thing this morning in response..and YES our flight also cancelled!! but she has told me it is all the afternoon flights from colombo to Goa that have been cancelled and all the morning flights (10.20am) from heathrow to colombo, we were travelling about 10.20am from heathrow connecting in a few hours and arriving Goa early evening, but have a night flight now and they couldnt therefore let us fly on the Lon Hthrow bit on our original date as there are no connecting flights to Goa that day (all cancelled) or the morning of following day at all .....which would mean a 2 day stop in Colombo...so we looked at other options with them (which were a bit limited coming forward date wise!!) and we had originally booked for a weekend flight in order to get a lift to Hhtrw but today on the phone they were pushing us to take a weekday saying all weekend ones we wanted were probably full!! however i was insistent and she had to contact head office to check (she said) and we have been waiting all day and have just heard we've got the date we requested... 1st Nov !! a drag about the overnight stay as thats what we had booked to avoid but good news is it prompted me to go back earlier I have had enough here and have been thinking about it half heartedly for weeks but probably wouldnt have done so because of family etc but this gave me the push ....so really excoited now to get back especially 2 weeks earlier than we thought.... :) I did complain though that had i not been tipped off i would still be sitting here thinking everything was ok!!! when were they going to tell us?? there surely wouldnt have been any acceptable flights by that time so a big thank you cariad7 :thanks ... and Nariel ............... so it seems its those booked on morning flights from London affected or alternatively those booked on night flights who would have connected with the aftrernoon flight colombo to Goa??? at least thats what I have made of it, she would give me no reasons for cancellations just that it was technical and they couldnt discuss it??!! :que
chilly
Still waiting for confirmation of our date - they are now going for the week after they wanted us to fly. (Family commitments etc.) Asked for 8th November - o.k. but would have to leave Wales and go to London Sri Lanka Office to pay them 30$. So we are stick to the October date now. Can't face arguing anymore. Mobile phone wont accept photo's, laptop bought in Goa has counterfeit windows in, flights messed up - customer service :que :cry
:yikes Never mind soon :cheers :sun2
cariad7 are SL charging you for the change???!!! i hope not i didnt think to ask just presumed being their mistake etc!! yes they offered us 8th Nov then we decided to ask for 1st
chilly
No! not for the week after we should have flown - but because we then asked to postpone it for 3 weeks they wanted payment - ***** I don't see it makes any difference to them.

But should not grumble we could be with XL. What part are you staying in?
chilly wrote:
cariad7 are SL charging you for the change???!!! i hope not i didnt think to ask just presumed being their mistake etc!! yes they offered us 8th Nov then we decided to ask for 1st
chilly

They have not charged us for the change of date,looks like we are on the same flight as you Chilly on the 1st Nov ;)
ahh i would look out for you split but havent got my wristband here :D have you?? well you will know me if you look at the pics on my amazing india blog!! once seen! :rofl what do you look like,?
Cariad7 we live there 8 months of the year have our home there, (candolim calangute border)so wont be back till next June/july
chilly
Just rang agent re sons changed ticket - they have changed it twice - and asked if he could go on an evening flight as the lunch time one is just not convenient for him - overnight in London etc and they said we would have to pay the difference in the price it was when we booked it and the price it is now which is a couple of hundred pounds!!!
Also having to pay to change the National Express ticket. :(
chilly wrote:
ahh i would look out for you split but havent got my wristband here :D have you?? well you will know me if you look at the pics on my amazing india blog!! once seen! :rofl what do you look like,?

Ha Ha Seen ya blog Chilly, great blog and pics,no wristband either ,but we will recognize you and your other half im sure.we will come and find you its easier than my description 8-) :lol:
Chilly please could you return the favour! Could you pm or put here the telephone number you used when you rang SL with regard to your flight. The changes we are getting from Goa Travel Agent are spasmodic and not confirmed. Thanks
This is the address to check with Sri Lanka

"bookings@srilankan.aero"

this is the one on their paperwork re enquiries and we got a reply straight back but they will be closed now. (Frid 5.45)
hi cariad7 , she phoned me first thing this morning after i emailed last night on the address Nariel gave me, but the number she called me on was a london one because i noted it started 0208, sorry cant be more help but try the email option it seems to work and the number i was trying to call them on the other day just had me on hold for hours and i never got through...Good luck
look forward to meeting you split... glad i gave you a laugh :D i will be looking a little less indian on the flight :rofl
chilly
niail - did you have to pay a suppliment! It is not the money but we were told we had to go to Sri Lanka Office is London - no debit or credit card! (as they do) not worth the hassle for
30$ for two. :whoops why is everything so difficult in Goa. Enough with the property issue and visas.
If we accept the flight they give us there is no charge - they want to charge us if we pick another day which is going to be the difference in price from the day we booked it and what it is now. About £200 :(
thats terrible!!! hope they dont charge me!they didnt say
chilly
She said it was because we want to change to another day and not any date that she gave us. In effect we want to cancel the ticket and re-book it so that is why there would be the difference in the price. Our friends accepted what they were offered and there was no charge.
We have been offered an overnight stay quite near to the airport from some people we met a few years ago in Goa. She must have had a inkling about it because she rang me this morning just to see when we were going and I told her the story and straight away offered to put us up overnight. Made my day. ;)
:que They have changed our flight to a Thursday now flying out at 1.45 :really
Oh Well it has got to be better than sitting at home in the fog, mist and rain.
Flights sorted at last.
just read on goanvoice.org.uk. that 2 month validity Sri Lanka have return tickets
£485 30kg. luggage and 5kg. hand luggage with overnight accommodation if connection is missed to Goa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.