Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ours have changed and looking at British Expats site there is a forum on there about it.
Not very happy as times not convenient at all - means a hotel in London now as the plane is going at lunch time instead of late evening and we can't get to Heathrown 3 hours before this time for checking in.
Finnair are also changing alot of their flight times, not just by hours but by days. It does make life very difficult when you alredy have hotels and onward flights booked.
It's the same with Gulf air.Our flights were changed a few weeks ago which meant overnight stops in Bahrain and Mumbai.As we had already booked our domestic flights we would have lost our money.Fair play to them Gulf let us cancel them with no charge,so booked BA instead.

John
:yikes oh no!! we are going with sri lankan booked ours return from Goa i had better check it out if i can hunt them down...thanks cariad7
chilly
As far as I can see our return flight from Colombo is 15 minutes later, but that is the only change. We go out on 4th January and back on 16th February.
phew just checked, ours haven't changed...
chilly
:tup Think those it will effect the most are those who bought tickets at the end of the Season in Goa.
:sun2 Oh well will soon be there in the sun, fed up of the weather over here.
i bought my tickets in Goa in June...when do you fly back? yes I am fed up with this weather too!!!
:que SHOULD have been the 12th October, BUT they changed it to 11th, which was not really convenient, have requested beginning November now - Travel Agent in Goa doing his best as it is their fault to get us the date we requested in November, without additional charge! watch this space. Otherwise we will have to go on the 11th and cause a family upset. Such is life. :whoops
No it is not just SL flights booked at the end of the season in Goa. Ours was booked direct with SL Airways a couple of months ago and the same flight on the day before ours has not changed. A friends flight has not been changed at all and another has been put back by 1 day. These were also booked in UK through an agent.
narial wrote:
No it is not just SL flights booked at the end of the season in Goa. Ours was booked direct with SL Airways a couple of months ago and the same flight on the day before ours has not changed. A friends flight has not been changed at all and another has been put back by 1 day. These were also booked in UK through an agent.

We also booked direct with SL at the end of last season,but have been told that that flight is cancelled
and bought foward to the day before ,so now means a night in Columbo.but the connecting flight
is the same as originaly booked., No change with the return flights though ;)
Still waiting for reconfirmation of our flight. :offtop When you think one problem is solved in Goa, another pops it's ugly head.
cariad7 did they contact you? I booked direct over internet with S.A and it says on paper info they sent with tickets 'there is no longer any need to confirm your flights with SR' :que and there is no log in procedure for the flights i booked just the general pages on the website ie flight schedules etc which is where i have rechecked ours? :think
chilly
No they did not inform me - had one of those premonitions in the middle of the night. Looked on SA site only to find that there was no flight with my flight number on that particular day. Still trying to sort with out Goan Travel Agent.
OMG thats terrible, I will have to keep an eye on mine then!!
chilly
How long before you go? Ours is beginning October. Sitting here waiting for email from Goa
to say what date now!
For anybody interested you can check your flight by email. This is because it was booked directly with SL Airways and not through an agent.

"bookings@srilankan.aero"

I copied and pasted my original booking and asked if there were any changes to our flights and they sent back confirmation details.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.