France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
What kind of shopping?

What time of year? Some supermarkets are now open Sunday mornings esp in summer.

Caen has everything. You should be able to get the makings of your first meal from the camp shop & on Sunday if the supermarket isn't open the local butchers & bakers will be.

Patka
Try this site for a start
INVALID URL target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">http://
http://www.tourisme-saintaubinsurmer.fr you can enter it in English as well as French. The Huit àhuit small supermarket may be open on Sunday mornings, but you might need to write to them to ask .............. 'Est-ce que vous êtes ouvert le dimanche' is all you need! Why not send a postcard of your home town, say the phrase above, add RSVP and make sure your name and address is clearly marked .... if you don't fancy phoning them!
thanks for the replys, we are going 8th of august, that link is a great help, many thanks for that. as for shopping , iv no idea, i do know she will be in every shop she can find that is open lol, i was thinking caen would be good for the shopping.
it seems its festival week aswell, could be fun driving
Not sure if you will find much open after mid-day on a Sunday. Why not take a small "rescue" bag of milk, bread rolls, beans etc... dependant upon where you arrive in France then you can always load up on the basics at a motorway stop...

Then do a proper shop on the Monday. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.