Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Although I have never stayed in the hotel,I have visited it on several occasions as it is the same group as 2 other hotels i have stayed in on Gozo. You could go to Xlendi for dinner for a change.
In my mind it is a lovely small size hotel. parking and main entrance at back hotel. the rooms on the front would be a must, they look straight out over the bay. Xlendi is small and gets busy with visitors from Malta at the waterfront bars of which St Patricks has an outside waterfront cafe, just perfect for a cappacino. I certainly would think of staying, the food was lovely and as it is run by Victor Borg hotels I can imagine it will be of a good standard, but get a seaview on a higher floor.
Gozo is a small perfect island, and much slower pace than Malta,
Hope its a help. Have a look on Tripadvisor in case it has a review.
Jay P.S. think you stayed at the Andar so you will know Xlendli.
Always a bit wary of given info on Gozo as HTM Mark lives there, so he will give a sound and more knowledgable account.. hope this helps till then
Julie
Cheers Julie, yes I did stay at the Andar but it was 12 years ago and I think the St Patrick had just had its refit, but never went down to Xlendi much at night do you know what the bars and restaurants are like these days?

Dave
Julie - always good to see what other people have to say - your review is faultless ! (esp the bit about having a capuccino outside at St Pats). I know the manager quite well - he is the chairman of the Gozo SPCA where I help out sometimes - quick plug - http://www.spca-gozo.org/index.htm - if anyone wants to walk a dog while they are on holiday in Gozo, just call in

The Andar has closed (its being converted into flats)

Xlendi has some very good restaurants (basically all are fine, and what is best varies from night to night) - not so many bars, but enough
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.