Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Thanks Steve,

I assume this is down to the falling numbers of tourists? We're out there in 3 weeks so hopefully some will still be open by then!!

Richie
I agree this is the worst year I can ever remember for tourism, we can tell living here as all the decent eating places have lots of room, and the roads are quieter, this is good for residents, but the local business is suffering, it will get far worse over the next few years, with at Christmas the euro coming into legal tender, this for sure will increase already rising prices, and no sign of air fares decreasing, I can see bad times ahead for all local business's on the Island, it is not for the lack of people telling the CTO they just brush it under the door mat!!

Time to look at other destinations I fear..but we still have this climate, if you can stand it!! so hot again today!! 8)
There are still plenty to go at during the day its just some of our favs don't open.

One of them I believe is now working elsewhere during the day to bring up the short fall.
Steve,

Do you know if the Blue Bay taverna has opened? We were there in April/May and it hadn't opened then - just hoping it has now.

We were almost priced out of Cyprus this year, but just managed to find something we could afford. Any further hikes and other options may be sought.

Richie
well we have booked for next year......... and to be honest, im not bothered about prices going up......... its the place im going back to that I want to see........... :love :wink:
not sure where the blue taverna is?.. so no idea.. sorry
The Blue Bay restaurant is in Pernera and it was open in the middle of May this year.

Marion
Still not spotted it as we wondered aimlessly around (and around)..

whats it near?

Steve
Its quite near the Pernera Beach Hotel. Its a tiny little "shack" type place right on the bay. Wonderful honest straightforward Cyprus fare.

If you go down the side road off the main Pernera Road, so that you go past Sizzlers on your left, Blue Bay Taverna is on the bend, on the same side as the beach.

best of luck
It's here on Google maps.

I hope... if not, let me know! :lol:

Marion
think I've walked past there several times and not paid any attention to its name.. do they do a meat, a fish and a veg meze there as well ? (remembered reading that somewhere down there)

Steve
Very probably. Give it a go - it's perfect for a meze - just taking your time at a quiet taverna looking over the bay. Perfect!
too late now, I arrived back in the wee small hours of this morning ! :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.