Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have just booked two week next August staying at the piril in Cesme, this will be our first time to egypt,

:whoops I know you meant to say Turkey ;)

Boat trips are really good value in Turkey as they're cheap and include some nice food. We also enjoyed our trip to Dalyan mudbaths.
have fun!
Hello familygen. Two good choices - Çeşme and the Pırıl Hotel! The Pırıl is a well-run, well-established hotel.

It's very unlikely you'll get a tummy bug here but the best remedy is the local tablets 'Lomotil', easily available over the counter in the pharmacies (Eczane). Works wonders - and quickly!

As shirley h has already said, the daily boat trips to nearby bays and islands are excellent value. A full day out including an excellent lunch costs only 25TL this year - young children free. And we have Mud Baths at nearby Åžifne!

We've lived in Çeşme for over 13 years now, so if I can help with any further queries, just let me know.
In 17 years and many visits to Turkey I have only once had a slight tummy upset. We always take Immodium with us but have not needed to use it. You may find you have altered bowel habits (lol can't think of a better way to put it) due to heat and different food, olive oil etc. I'm always careful though and don't drink tap water.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.