Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes you heard correctly;there are 2 water parks in the Bodrum area.The one virtually in Bodrum centre is small,not very well maintained and not a lot of fun to be honest.
The largest and best in the Dedeman waterpark at Ortakent.In Torba you'll be able to book tickets for it from one of the tour shops there,but I have an idea the parks own free bus doesn't run from Torba so you would need to take the bus intoBodrum and pick it up there.It would then drop you back in Bodrum so you can then get the bus back to Torba.
I know this sounds a pain but it isn't as bad as it sounds ;) The bus into Bodrum is frequent and takes roughly 15 minutes,the water park bus takes 15-20 minutes from Bodrum.The park opens at 10.00 and closes at 18.00.You cannot take food and drink in but their prices aren't bad at all for that type of place.Changing rooms,toilets and lockers are all free.Price per person is around 13GBP including the free bus.If you didn't book and just went under your own steam it would cost more as you would have your bus fare out to Ortakent to pay both ways"¦times 4 of you!
It is a good day out in a nice,well maintained,clean park with plenty to do plus plenty of sunbeds around to chill out on.Worth it IMHO.:tup
Thanks sarikanarya :tup thats most helpful and i think we will defo go to the one in Ortakent. Sounds like a good price too especially with pick up and drop off. Will they give us times of pick up and would this be from outside the waterpark? Dont want to go until later in the week as the VT has its own waterslides and if the kids go to the park to early they will find the hotel slides boring ( method in the madness) :rofl . Thanks again for the reply :wave:
Oooh,there's method in your madness ;) What it is to be a Mother huh??
The bus usually leaves from Bodrum at 10.30 and returns at 17.00.The pick up point was near the bus station but this could have changed.Certainly when you book your tickets the vendor will tell you the pick up time and point.
BTW,Torba Voyage was due to undergo a big upgrade and renovation during this winter to you should be going to a spanking smart place-and the views are superb anyway!
We did the waterpark trip booked with a tour agency in Bodrum. They were excellent and actually took us to the pick-up point so we wouldn't get lost - it's right across from the main bus station. You can easily get a dolmus from outside VT which will take you directly to Bodrum bus station, it's really easy.

The waterpark is excellent - masses of slides and great ones using inflatables. As sarikanarya says the food and ice-cream prices aren't too bad either.

You will be collected from right outside the entrance and taken back to the bus station so it's really well organised.
Ah,good to know the pick up point is the same.At one time it was along near the marina which wasn't very convenient,the bus station is good for everyone.
Hi sarikanarya and pamplemousse. I think we should be ok to get to the waterpark if its as easy as you say lol. Thanks for the advise its been so helpful. I cant wait am soooooo excited :hols
I have another question to ask you both if i can, Is there any entertainment around any of the pools? ( quizzes, music, pool games ect)
Hi, we went to Voyage last year & we thought it was fantastic!!! We had two girls aged 13 & 15 & they loved every minute of it day & night. You may find that you won't need to go to a park as everything is in Voyage that you need.
In fact we have just booked today to go in August. If you want any info please just ask.
Thanks for the reply hisandhers. Its lovely to hear that people have really enjoyed their holiday and even better when they plan to return (must be good) I personally dont want to leave the hotel but hubby hates being stuck in one place (please dont ask me why he asked to go AI :que ) cos to me thats what its all about lol. So to keep him happy we have decided to take the kids to the waterpark. Our boys will be 14 and 12 and i think they are really going to enjoy it cos its our first time to Turkey but also a first for the kids AI so they wont need to ask us for stuff they can just go and get it. Was there any entertainment by any of the pools in the afternoon when you went or is it just quiet? Thanks again for your reply :tup
Hi again alsbaby.

At the VT there are games at the one pool for adults and also music. There aren't any games at the waterpark but it really is a brill day out with some great slides, well worth it.
Alsbaby at the hotel there are pool games throughout the day at the main pool. Sometimes on the beach (as thery have a private beach). There is a seperate pool with if I remember correctly 3 or 4 warer slides too. There is also a quiet pool with a bar island too. At night there is the amination theatre (gets very hot in there!!) & the outside big bar area has music. On a sunday night, the outside bar has a big lazer disco! All the teenagers love this!! other nights they have singers or a disco.
Honestly I only saw our two first thing in the morning, tea time to change n last thing at night!! oh n theres a games room with a pool table & computers if the boys want to go in there too.
On the beeach there are watersports that you can go on. This is extra though but if Jimmy is there this year, he will give you a good price. there are bananna boats, jet ski's, para sailing etc!!
just to say that we are going mid August. If your there then, Im happy to meet up n buy you a drink!! lol Oh noooo I forgot its free lol
:rofl hisandhers thanks for the offer of gettin the round in :cheers but we are going in May, Its a shame cos i would have liked to meet up, but on the bright side i will be able to fill you in on the refurb ( can only go on the pic's off website though lol)

Sounds fab!! i cant wait to go! Who you flying with? We are TC and have heard a few horror stories about delays so fingers crossed.

I am trying to gather as much info before we go to try and get my bearing as i believe there is so much going on and the place is huge.

Are some of the water sports free? Am sure i have read that they are. Also we like to have a drink on our balcony before bed but everyone is saying there is only pop and water in the minifridge and yet it does state beer too in the brochure. What am i like! you would think i have a drink problem but we have always done this on our hols and still want to on this one lol.

Thanks for the info :tup
there is no beer in the fridge just water & pop. It does get fille dup every day. if you go to the reception and ask for beer then they will. The fridge is not very cold though! As its your first time in Turkey are you aware of the 10 pound entrance fee into the country? You need to hand over 10. each with your passport. Don't give them @0.00 for two people as they will keep it!!

What else can I say about tis hotel? Most of the water sports you have to pay for. Jet skis were about 40.00 for 20 mins last year. There are only the pedal boats that are free.

In this hotel, they do not like you going to the bar on an evening. it does take a while for the waiters to come round however we were cheeky & asked for two of everything at once!!
Advertising beer in the fridge and not providing it was one of our little niggles, it's silly things like that. I know you can get all you want at a bar but if your kids are having a nap or you want to relax on your balcony then a 5 star property should provide that. Mind you it's good to know you can get it if you want. I remeber several other guests had trouble with the beer as they advertised a certain brand, bottled i believe, as an alternative but then they were always told they didn't have any. They do, just stick to your guns.

As hisnadhers said, pedalos are free and so were the canoes. However another gripe, kids had to be accompanied by and adult as they did not provided lifejackets which we have never had happen before either. As I said before it's just silly things that let them down a bit compared to other Turkish hotels we've visited, but it certainly didn't spoil our holiday :cheers

Beware of Jimmy who sells trips. He is always 'leaving in a couple of days' and hoping you'll take pity and buy one from him. He's more expensive than the agency just across from the hotel, but the agencies in Bodrum give you an even better deal.

We found the watersports to be more expensive here too. If you do go on a boat trip you will be approached by vendors offering these and you can negotiate a far better price here.

The spa is great, we got a deal on a Turkish bath for us all which the kids loved. This is a must do when you visit Turkey but go in the first 3 days as they'll exfoliate your skin like you've never been before and you'll get a great tan.
Forgot to mention, we've travelled often with TC with no problems at all and are flying with them again twice this year. They don't have any free in flight entertainment on short haul flights though now so pack your game consoles!
:duh Oh nooooo didnt know TC didnt have inflight entertainment anymore. Thats me bored stiff and its a 4hr flight too ( only normally do a 2hr) I smoke so i really do need to be entertained more than the kids on the flight lol. What to do :duh. Dont fancy reading for 4hrs. Oh well needs must i suppose, as having a fight with the kids to get their games console off them might just get me into trouble. Do they allow portable dvd players then we can all fight over which one out of the 3 doesnt get to listen and just has to watch lol (note hubby wasnt even invited to watch with no sound :rofl )

Oh while i remember did either of you have the Turkish breakfast? What does it consist of? We fancy trying that, Something different isnt it.
Beer in the fridge situation (without sounding like a plonkie lol) As i said we do enjoy a drink on the balcony at the end of the night so if its not there i think we will just ask.

As for the watersports pedelos and such, well.......my little legs are gonna be killing me cos hubby cant swim so thats me out to sea with the two kids then, Oh well on the bright side i will be working off some of the food i will be eating.
Fogot to add i did know about the visa ( learnt that on here too) but i didnt know that if you gave them a £20 they keep it :yikes Note to self.... get ten pound notes :tup
Another thing to add too- don't book the dolphin boat trip!! cost us just over 100 to go in to a small boat to see dolphins enclosed in a very small area! Its not nice to see really & I left quite upset. You can swim with them or strke one however you have to pay extra when you get there for this (which isn't cheap!!)
If you want to book into a resturant one night you have to book it that morning. I was never able to get through however when I went to the reception, they booked me in straight away. I would recommend the mexican!! During the day, if you don't want to go to the main resturant, there is another bar that serves food. We ended up going there every lunch time as you can get half a roast chicken there!! Recommended!!!
Another tip, if you have a night flight back, then don't bother keeping your room on as this will cost you about 75 pound!! We stayed by the pool till about 6.30 then changed in the spa area where there sre showers & changing rooms. Your luggage will be locked up in a room for safe keeping & you can go in & out as & when. Above the reception, there is a nice cool lounge area where people sat or layed down until u get picked up. This also serves drinks all night!! This resturant is where you get your free ice creams too!!!!
My only niggle really is that you have to be up early for a sunbed! This may be ok in May though. At the main pool there is only two ways to walk to the resurant or bar. If you have a sunbed at the back of the pool then you have to walk all the way round the pool. It would be alot easier if they just made some steps up to the resturant area on that side.
Ooh look for the giant ants on the wall! (they are fake!!) the sculptures on the walls are fantastic!!!!
another thing!! don't bother with inflight meals when you book the holiday with TC!! We didn't last year & then we were offered them on the flight anyway for 5.00 each!
TC are nice to travel with though!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.