Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Stella Maris
14 Posts
I think some of the apartments are individually owned as a friend stayed there with a private rental so it will vary. Lovely views though.
Agree about the views, just a bit curious about the apts. The pictures of them look fine.
I`ve just found some excellent reviews of the Stella Maris on Alpharooms.
Looks to be a very good choice.
Hi
Me and the other half stopped in the Stella Maris approx 3 yrs ago and we were both very impressed with the place.
I stopped in one of the apartment rooms (second floor from the top) and the rooms were spotless and the furnishings were quite modern.
The pool area may only be small in comparison to some hotels but we never had trouble finding a sun lounger.
Location wise it is excellent too, very close to one of Fuengirolas largest supermarkets, close to fish alley and close to the beach.
You've made a good choice stopping there.
Hi, Going to Stella Maris soon. Can anyone tell me, does hotel do late checkout and how much and do kitchens have toaster or oven /grill for doing toast. I have a little one and all he eats is toast!

Thanks Mel
  • Edited by Biff 2008-06-20 09:07:12
    edited to remove bold type
Parents have booked to go to the Stella Maris with a couple of friends for a week at the end of March. Has anyone been to these apartments? I believe they are in the Los Boliches area, near the port - is that right? Dad can't walk too far and definitely can't do hills - is the front quite flat? Are there plenty of restaurants and bars in the area? Also, they fancy going to Gibraltar for a day - what's the best way to do it - book a trip through a travel agency in the resort or can you use public transport (train/bus)?
Hi Lady Scorpio ... while you wait for more info here about the Stella Maris complex, we do have a separate topic about Excursions to Gibraltar which you may like to check out, and feel free to post in so that you might attract some further feedback from recent day trippers.

David :wave
on the seafront,1/2 a mile from port,near many restaurants,on the flat,some apartments are private so stuff inside varies,cafe underneath(belgian?)so can get toast there
We stayed at Stella Maris last winter in a two bed apt. Excellent. The usual two ring cooker with a microwavw and toaster. No kettle when we arrived but a call to reception produced a brand new cordless one. Can recommend the Stella Maris. I`m sure I put a review on this place.

Go to the Review section and you will find two reviews of Stella Maris, one by me. Some apts may have different equipment but an email or call to them will clarify that
Thanks for your response Mick. Parents are going in a privately owned apartment but from the pictures they have been sent by the owner it looks great. They have got it for 4 weeks for £600 plus just over £200 for flights from Leeds/Bradford so I think they have got a good deal. We recently paid more than that for 2 weeks self catering in Lanzarote.
I am off to Fuengirola soon and will be staying at the Stella Maris apartments, and wondered whether anyone had stayed here and if so what are they like, accommodation, the area, local bars & restaurants etc.

Also I am not flying home until late evening, so wondered what the usual check out times are for hotels/apps in Spain, and is it normally possible to get a late check-out and if so what is approx cost.

Thanks for any help.
Check out time is normally 11am. You may be able to keep the room on until 6pm for a fee of around €40. However I would email the hotel direct to check stella-maris@telefonica.net

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.