Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Stormy Season
10 Posts
Hi DreamingofSunnyDays, My family and I always go sept/oct time and in the last 6 years all I can remember is 1 bad thunderstorm...It sometimes rains but that is good aswell, we go swimming when it rains...We normally go for 2 weeks and in that time it may get overcast 2/3 days but then it usually comes out sunny in the afternoons, the average temperture is between 20c & 25c...Hope this has helped...
Although it can be a stormy time of the year it isnt generally high winds and often quite the opposite. Vertical stair rods sometimes. The bad weather doesnt usually last more than 3 days then its back to the usual blue skies,John.
i remember two years ago the middle of september through the night there was a bad storm, floods everywhere, all the pools was overflown, and a couple of planes had to turn around and land on the mainland
We've been at this time of year lots of times and have never had a bad holiday yet, maybe a little wind but always sunny and warm. been going for 18 years and only seen one storm and that only lasted one day. where are you staying in San Antonio?
Hi dreamingofsunnnydays,

We went at end of September a couple of years ago and did have a bad storm to land in, thunder and lightning............wasnt nice but was a talking point as our coach actually had a broken fan belt near to resort, we were all a bit fed up by the time a man came to fix it, all the lights had gone out in resort too lol.
That was in the middle of the night and it was great the next day, back to sunny skies ..
We've been at this time of year lots of times and have never had a bad holiday yet, maybe a little wind but always sunny and warm. been going for 18 years and only seen one storm and that only lasted one day. where are you staying in San Antonio?

Haven't definatly decided yet on a place to stay, we are looking at a couple with the Brisa being one of our preffered choices at the moment.

So from what I can gather most of the storms seem to happen towards the middle and end of Sepetmeber, hopefully then if we do decide to book it won't be so bad at the start of the month.
you could theorectically get a thunderstorm at realistically anytime of the year - anywhere in spain, france, italy, seychelles, crete etc etc - it happens but its not common - its all to do with having hot weather ;)
"So from what I can gather most of the storms seem to happen towards the middle and end of Sepetmeber"

no this is not true - this implies that middle to end of september is "stormy season" - there is no "stormy season" - the only thing most people who live here will tell you is that the worst time of the year is late feb, early march - and its not exactly terrible compared to alot of other places i could mention - barnsley (insert any where town name) on a cold, wet november evening anyone?

no-one is going to guarantee it wont rain on the odd day at any point in the year - but its not likely
you could theorectically get a thunderstorm at realistically anytime of the year - anywhere in spain, france, italy, seychelles, crete etc etc - it happens but its not common - its all to do with having hot weather

"So from what I can gather most of the storms seem to happen towards the middle and end of Sepetmeber"

no this is not true - this implies that middle to end of september is "stormy season" - there is no "stormy season" - the only thing most people who live here will tell you is that the worst time of the year is late feb, early march - and its not exactly terrible compared to alot of other places i could mention - barnsley (insert any where town name) on a cold, wet november evening anyone?

no-one is going to guarantee it wont rain on the odd day at any point in the year - but its not likely

I think if I am totally honest with myself it more than anything stems from my fear of flying. Something sad and silly that I do that I just wanted to check that there is no chance of x happening or Y happening, more than if it will majorly disrupt the sunshine quality.

I'm one of those people who just worries about the flying conditions ie, hates turbulance. I think that was the main purpose of this thread, to test the waters on the chances of there being a thunderstorm around those dates, rather than say August or July.
i dont like flying, but look at the statistics :)
i think youre imaging sitting on the plane on the tarmac in ibiza with some horrible black sky, chucking down rain & lightning happening... the reality is more like this:

http://ibizaa-z.com/misc/runway.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.