Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Delighted to hear you are back safe and sound.

luci :wave
oh Judith, glad to hear you got back safe and sound. Lufthansa did well. It sounds like lots of other holidaymakers still have a long wait in front of them. I'd love to also hear your thoughts on Bangkok :) ( when you are not jetlagged!)
Can anyone shed any light on the current situation with the airports, are the protestors still in place?, also does anyone know when some normality is going to be restored?, i really want to visit thailand next year but obviously don't want to do so if it is going to be unsafe for me and my friends.
Hi Matchstickman,

All airports are getting back to normality, and in a week the backlog of stranded passengers should be cleared and all flights running to schedule again. There are no protesters at any airports.

However, regarding it being 'unsafe' it has not been unsafe during the recent issues, just incovenient. Tourist safety was never an issue, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Infact, Thailand next year will be an exceptionally good value place to visit, and the people will be very appreciative of anyone visiting. Go!
I agree with Sam. I'm a wus! but I'd have absolutely no worries about traveling to Thailand.

When in Phuket recently I heard that hotel bookings were down due to the economic crisis (particularly bookings from Europe) I belong to another website and there is a travel agent member and she reports that Australian bookings to Thailand are down 60%.

I'd say watch out for specials to entice people back.

Cheers Geri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.