Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Not a nice thing to happen but surely your mate knew what time his return flight was and so would have had some idea as to when he should have been picked up. If no transfer arrived I would have taken a taxi rather than wait and see.
What a rotten time your mate has had :(

I do hate to say this, but yes the advice from the rep, miles too late, is correct. If you do know when your flight is, then, regardless whether a transfer turns up or not, you should get yourself to the airport. Who knows what has happened to stop that transfer from getting to you.
Came back to edit this post, as I realised I hadn't added anything constructive, only to see that I can't edit :oops:

In mitigation, I would like to say that I got caught up in an RTA on Saturday, and it coloured my reply to your post, sorry :oops:
Thats no problem madsue.

I haven't had the full story yet because I have spoken to him briefly at times on the phone, as I believe it they were waiting for the transfer, if they realised it was not coming it might of been too late to get a taxi to the airport.

Anyway he is going to claim against the company when he gets home to get expenses paid out to get home, accommodation, taxi's and meals. He believes that a transfer was never booked to pick them up as when he phoned the reps office today they didn't know anything about a transfer. Considering he had been phoning them 2 days before hand and filled a form for the transfer somebody would of realise a transfer had not been booked. He was picked up from the airport with no problem. In legal terms he can claim breach of contract and claim any loss he has occured.

I am sure he will get good ribbing when he gets home from his mates and especially by me, I won't let him forget this one.
It will be good for a laugh down the pub anyway. We all like to take the P*** out of the misfortune of others.

Well done for having the foresight to contact Ros.

Always best to speak to the "Expert"

fwh
hi

if your friend is still in turkey and needs any help sorting a flight or with the language tell him to call me my number is on our website. İ am english but am a turkish speaker and used to work for major tour operators so have contacts who may be able to help get him a flight.

Sarah
[/u]
Hi I got back last week from Bitez ,our taxi booked through freedom direct and paid for (£60) did not turn up for our flight home and we had to get a taxi to airport ,still trying to get a reply from holiday company.
But did you enjoy your holiday?

fwh
We had a scary time last year in Turkey, when we booked a return transfer with Transfersonly.com

The transfer to our Marmaris hotel went well...considering our flight was a few hours late.

However on our return we never heard from the company what time we were to be pick up (which they assured us they would do).

There followed a right old farce on the morning of our departure with me phoning Transfersonly, only to be told we were down as a 'no show' at the airport when we flew in, and that they most definitely hadn't pick us up (which was rubbish as we were greeted by someone with our names written on a Transfersonly board) !
After much arguing and phonecalls back & to, we were told we were due to be picked up at 7pm (for a 3pm flight !), ......then we would be picked up in an hour and a half....and finally we got a call to our room, just half an hour later, to vacate the hotel urgently, as the transfer coach was waiting outside !!!

So I can fully sympathise with your friends...DIY is great...but not quite so great when it goes wrong !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.