General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Scarboro /Bridlington area is nice
Flamboro head /Bempton cliffs ideal for what your after

not a lot of nice walks type thing on Lincs coast ,its all too flat
Whitby is lovely but perhaps too crowded for you, how about Staithes a bit further up the coast.
It doesn't sound like the Lincolnshire coast would suit you - Skegness, Mablethorpe etc are rather full of fish'n chip shops and amusement arcades. North West Norfolk, between Brancaster and Wells is lovely. It has everything you mention.There are lots of cosy cottages to rent in that area and some small hotels/B&Bs.
We have booked lauriston court hotel in Llandudno for a cosy weekend has any been there what's it like?
Definitely avoid Skegvegas, Chavthorpe and Mablethorpe.....if you can stand to drive just that little bit further, travel up to Seahouses. Just go straight up the A1 and you are sorted.

Whitby is nice, Flamborough head is nice...Brid is ok...
There are some lovely self catering cottages on Henrietta Street in Whitby. These are in a quiet street with no through road, beyond the Abbey steps so away from the crowds and with fabulous views. Here's just one example
http://www.shoreline-cottages.com/cottages/overview/index.php?id=8
i would say whitby myself, i love then driving the few miles to goatland (heartbeat) some lovely views around that area
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your suggestions - we have booked a long weekend in March at Flamborough as per Lincoln Imps suggestions. If anyone's interested I'll post back & let you know what it was like.

Thanks again

Col
Flamborough is beautiful ..I am sure you will have a wonderful time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.