Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Datca is lovely and very Turkish, no big tour operators or mass tourism. The only thing is there is a long transfer, just over 2 hours but well worth it especially for the mountain views.
Kalkan is worth the transfer time -it's a beautiful place.
I agree, Kalkan is worth that drive. The hotel we go to includes a private transfer in the price so can be a lot quicker.

Kalkan is very hilly and pretty quiet compared to Icmeler but it has great restaurants most of them have roof top views,

I particularly like the beach clubs which are like huge patio;s built in the side of the hills where you go straight into the sea from ladders, no sand in the feet, It does have a pebble beach,

We are back there again in June for the 6th time,,,we also love Icmeler!
I agree with both Meerkat and BarbH about Kalkan, the transfer is well worth it, so don't be put off. I recommend that you look at Hotel Nur which has its own website where you can book direct and they provide airport transfer. The hotel is perfectly located for access to the town, weekly market and bus station. If you scroll back to January 15th you will find the Discussion on Kalkan Topic, also visit website Enjoy Kalkan for further info. Another resort to consider is Altinkum, here, I recommend Hotels Panormos and Toros, both are through Goldtrail, transfer is just over an hour. For the Discussion on Altinkum you will have to scroll back to March 8th.

Les
My head is spinning i've looked at so many reviews!! Please don't direct me to the review section!!
Right......just us two going as a couple, don't mind which resort, still fancying Icmeler or Deniz, but there's too many hotels to choose from!! I like to be near the beach, no childrens clubs etc (had that t shirt years ago! lol!) would like all inclusive if possible. Peoples' opinions are so varied, its giving me a headache.........so i'm depending upon you experienced lot for some help!
Ok here's my tips for a couples only holiday, AI near the beach, total pampering, plenty to see and do outside the hotel and you will be totally chhhhhhhhilled for the time you are there and for a few weeks when you get back. We too have visited, Turgutreis, Olu, Dalyan, Fethiye,Torba. Belek, Side, Kusadasi,Lara Beach and the other touristy places, and I agree that Olu is stunning and always worth another visit, but, here goes:-

Rixos Bodrum (well Torba actually) 5* pure luxury, private beach, fantastic a la cartes, superb faclities and the best outdoor disco on the private island I have ever seen. Newly re furbed, and grand re opening 24th May. Highly recommended, just wonderful.

Voyage Torba,5* AI (have booked twice this year) superb after refurb, newly opened private section for 2010, private beach area (noone under 16 allowed)
6 a la cartes, amazing rooms, and beautiful surroundings.

Xanadu Resort Belek. 5* UAI Amazing hotel, good rooms, superb quiet garden area, where champagne and smoked salmon is served at breakfast, wonderful a la cartes, private taxi transfers and laundry included in price.

All do have childrens facilities, but, there are so many quiet areas to just chill your bones that nothing or noone will bother you after the first couple of days.

Go on, be a devil, and check em out.....................

Hope you get sorted, and wherever you end up, have a brilliant time.
Have you considered the Aqua hotel in Icmeler?
Its right on the beach in lovely gardens and is AI.
I stayed here years ago when it first opened on a HB basis.
I have also been to Olu Deniz in an AI hotel but didnt like it all.
I agree with Jay, the Aqua is a nice hotel in Icmeler. My friends go there every year. It is right on the beach and canal with all its little shops that you can wander by at night.

Moost of the Oly /deniz AI hotels cater for children i,e Sun city, Belcekiz Beach & Olu Deniz Resort.

I have been to both resorts but the last few years now go to Kalkan which is more suitable for couples than children.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.