General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Out of interest i just had a look at what the holiday we booked this year will cost next and is coming out at over £200 dearer and is only B&B in Turkey.....3 star so not a flash place!

Don't know about next years holidays yet.......shall have to see if my boyfriend is still in a job as threat of redundancy at work and I am a student. If it wasn't for the fact that the type of work he does means at a push he could work away for a few months plus he has a lot of savings form selling his house I would be rather worried about him being made redundant.
Hi All, thought I'd just let you know that I priced up a holiday yesterday with Direct Hols on internet and the price was £2500 with no free child place. Got my brochure this morning and as it had 'Guaranteed Free Child Places' plastered on every page thought I'd give them a call. They have just quoted me for the same holiday £2159!! This includes 20kg luggage, free in flight meal, free insurance, and a free child place. Not bad I thought, apparently their systems are not quite up to date and may not have the free places on there so definately worth giving them a call.
That's worth knowing nic - thanks!

Lesley
I can't seem to find any free kids and we rely on them having 4! Was hoping to book Lykia World, Turkey again as we went last year but getting ridiculous prices at the moment.
Pamplemousse, have you tried phoning? As stated in my previous post Direct have free child places but they are not showing on website, perhaps other tour ops are the same???
nik . Do you have the thomas cook or thomsons books there by any chance . If so do either of them say "quaranteed free child places"

I really should get myself down the travel agents

lyn

ps . Just got a better price for the Hemera from direct holidays £3834 19th july . rang them up about the free child situation but nothing ,although the child place is only about £250 I think up to 14. I would be happy with that price , dont think I could do a lot better . could be making another booking
Thanks nik for your advice. Rung Direct Holidays and they gave me a price for Lykia, 2 rooms for the 6 of us including 2 free kids in June @ 4750k, thats 1k dearer than last year so not an option at the moment. Think I'll sit tight and se if the economic situation forces the TA's to reduce their prices a bit. Had to laugh the TA asked if I was one as I knew exactly what I wanted to book, he even asked me what FB was :rofl I just said I was addicted to holidays!
Hi Lyn, no sorry, haven't been to TA yet, might just have a wander in tomorrow on way from work. Better hide the brochures from my husband though ;)
The holiday I booked this year with Direct holidays is over £300 dearer for the same one in 2009

Lynn
Very excited this morning .Ive just booked the Hemera £3859 for the 5 of us in 2 rooms (4 adults and 1 child) . 19th July for 2 weeks and a very decently timed sunday morning flight from Gatwick. (dont suppose it will remain that time though knowing direct holidays reputation)

sounds a lot but I know Its a good price for my family in a decent hotel . :tup
lyn
Well I'm fully booked!!!!!!!!!! Right upto Oct 2009!! I can't help myself when I see a decent priced holiday!! Now what will I be upto - twiddle my thumbs :rofl

I'll need to work round the clock now, booking is the easy part :D And pray that God spares me :yikes
HI Lyn :wave:

Ive replied on your topic in the Turkey forum.

Where are you going Joolz? You can start planing 2010's.

I'm begining to think by the time I want to book, all the holidays will be sold. :rofl

Doe
Hi I priced up the Holiday Village Costa Del Sol with FC. 2 weeks in early July 09 £3300. If I book now for this July its only £3500 so not much incentive to book early. Will be looking at DIY. :que
Hiya Lynn!! Yes you better get a move on or there'll be nowt left!!!!

On Thursday I booked for Fuengirola for May 09.
On Friday I booked for Es Cana, Ibiza for Aug 09.
Today I've booked Beni for Oct 09!!!!!!!!!

My bruv-in-law said thank God 2010 not on sale!!!
Priced up the exact holiday we did in the Dom rep in 2004 and it's actually come out CHEAPER for 2009 :really
Been disappointed with Portland and Thomson prices for 2009. Have found the best prices on the Thomas Cook site, they have all the Airtours prices there too. After a lot of thought (about five minutes!!) have booked for Ibiza in May and Roquetas de Mar for September 2009 on the TC website. I'm happy with the prices now and will try not to be tempted to 'check' to see if they come down! Big mistake!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.