General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi joolz, im of to majorca and cant wait, i will have a bit of easter egg tomorrow!, i to have 3 kids in a matter of 4.5 years, one 6,one 5 and one 3 in on may 3rd, your not big at 10, 3,
you have 14 weeks so aim at 1lb per week, to do that just cut out one slice of bread per day that will do it!,
xx
The Convent Garden soups are on a buy 1 get 1 free in Tesco - £1.69. I'll be bulk buying after my "Easter Feasting"!! :cry: :lol:
Do you get a free bottle of Blue Nun thrown in then Joolz :rofl
got weighed today,and have lost 2 lb,still quite a bit to go.all summer dieters keep up the good work.
Hi everybody, i'm also trying to lose weight for holidays, have lost 1.5 stone up till now and struggling, have been doing slimming world. Have decided I need to exercise and thinking of buying twist and shape stepper, has anybody else got one of these.
I saw one in the avon... I am joining the gym instead. Because it'd be sitting in my wardrobe gathering dust!

I'm back on my diet now. Slimming World also (but my mum is a consultant, so I have no excuse!) Just had my very healthy dinner. Quorn minty lamb chop, cheesy mash, veg and spaghetti. 1 syn in the cheese (laughing cow light mixed in, or 5 as a healthy extra) I was chuffed when I read the new directory and discovered the range of free quorn stuff!

I'm going to try to lose 2lbs a week... over 8 weeks, that's 16lbs for holidays, I already lost 5lbs (it was 7 but I put 2lbs on)

Lat year, I'd lost 2 stone for my holidays, about this time of year, then celebrated too soon, and put 1 stone back on! I'm not going to let it happen again this year!
Weigh day again today - boy Mondays come round fast. Well see the measly little pound I lost last week I just went and put it back on :evil: Had my sister and family here for Easter and lots of food and drink was had by all so I'm not complaining. Back on the straight and narrow now and back on the wagon (so Tesco can keep the Blue Nun Hbrac :!: ) Just in from a very long walk, approx 3miles, am famished :wink: :!:
Have just been to Tesco and bought the soups (Two on BOGOF) so thanks for the tip Joolz. I fell off the wagon too yesterday as we had guests and once I had started on the biccies I couldn't stop so it's back to the diet for me. Can anybody tell me about low fat spread on the less than 5g fat plan. Obviously you don't use much but it is above the permitted fat limit per 100g on the nutritional info. Does that mean you can't have any at all?
Hi hbrac, I have always used flora light spread, a whopping 38g of fat per 100g but less than most butters/spreads. I don't use a lot. Have to say am not one for eating bread or toast very much anyway. I have used skimmed milk for about the past 16years too which is another small way to save on a few calories. I am so used to it that it doesn't even look watery anymore :) . What flavour soups did you get? I must try them.

13 weeks today and I'll be sitting in the airport :!:
Carrot and coriander and plum tomato with creme fraiche. They were the only two in the chiller cabinet. I already use skimmed milk, Splenda sweetener and low fat spread.
Hi dramaqueen was wondering which directory you are referring to with the range of free quorn food, minty lamb chop sounds lovely. Often use the mince but not keen on the sausages though.
Hi gill:

There is a new free food book and directory out now, or next week. Your consultant will know, the free food books are brilliant, size of a shopping list book, fit into your bag for a quick reference!

The lamb style chops are in the chilled section, along with the pork and apple flavour sausages (also free) and lots of other varietys, they even do a chicken style fillet in white wine sauce. Free!

I was vegetarian for 6 years until last year when I started eating chicken (but no other meat) I lived on quorn all that time, but now, I still like it more than meat!
I'm afraid Quorn plays havoc with my digestive system :roll: . A shame really because it's a free food on SW. My kids liked Quorn cottage pie made with Quorn mince better than real mince. Someone said Quorn products are cheap at Farmfoods if you have one near you.
:hmmm What does quorn taste like? I mean if its a sausage does it taste like a sausage :?: So if its classed as a free food does that mean its not got many calories/fat in it? Its one of those products that although I've never tried it I thought I wouldn't like it and for some unknown reason thought it would be like sawdust :yuck . Well I'm about to hit Tesco so think I'll be adventurous and try some.
I've been trying (not very successfully) to lose weight over the last couple of months, now realised its just 8 and a half weeks till I go away and have only lost 5lb of the 1.5 stone I wanted too. Joining the gym tonight to try and help myself along and climbed back on the healthy eating wagon today after a couple of weeks of over eating and over drinking!
Quorn is a mushroom based low fat protein rather like soya mince but it's tasteless. It takes up the flavours of the other ingredients in a recipe. You can buy it as mince or chunks or fillets that look like a chicken breast. Be careful to look at the nutritional label if it is anything but plain Quorn as other ingredients can make it high in fat.
bluemax - I'm the same as you- only 5lb lost and wanted to lose 1.5 stone - so back to being strict today , just tried on a bikini in Asda and i looked awful - great big lardy legs - perhaps I should keep that vision in my mind to help me diet ( pity I had a caramel easter egg last night)
Joolz I think we're away on the same day 17 July - can't come quick enough.
Re the Covent Garden soups - the plum tomato and Creme fraiche is my fave variety so think I'll nip to tesco later.
Shirleyv - you're braver than me, I cant face trying a bikini on just yet! Hoping the gym will work miracles as I have a really sweet tooth and not much willpower :roll: I'm just going with the tried and tested weightwatchers as at least I can fit most things in that I enjoy, got to get myself back motivated before I get on those scales on Friday morning, havent been near them for nearly 3 weeks now and I'm scared!
Had the plum tomato soup for lunch but must confess I wasn't that keen. I couldn't believe how much saturated fat I consumed in half a carton (300ml):yikes . I hope the carrot and coriander is better. There's less sat fat but still far more than I would ever choose in a soup. I suppose if you have the soup only for lunch it's not as bad. Perhaps when the kids go back to school I can get back on track and back to the gym classes. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.