Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
their addresses and contact details are a joke - call consumer direct as they will only do something when they reach a certain volume of complaints
these guys are a bunch of comedians,
like everyone else they charged me twice for car rental at faro airport.
i contacted them directly to have the money returned to my account, only to be told due to technical problems they were unable to refund my card! they also said the cannot issue cheques! but can refund through paypal, i am still waiting!!
from reading all the other post re:suncar i have no doubt they have no intention of returning my money, i think everyone should be aware of their actions ie trading standards, consumer council, watchdog, rogue traders, and that baldy fella of bbc!
anyway has anyone managed to obtain a refund from their credit card, since they provided the facility for this shower to take our money i believe they should cover my losses and are liable under the consumer credit act. i hope people will widely post their experiences of suncar.co.uk online so that others my be warned!! i really hate being done over!!
Yes we have received a refund we bank with First Direct and paid on a debit card, initially they were not going to, but when we mentioned that Consumer Directt old us we could claim under the chargeback facility they actioned the refund straight away. We have to send them all our correspondence. I too wrote recorded delivery to the St Clements address and tracked the letter, it says a card has been left. I also went on line and gave the details to watchdog. Like you say it is so annoying knowing you have been had.
I have now notified Consumer Direct and told them my sorry tale of being completely had over. It was suggested that I email Suncar directly asking them why suddenly my emails were going unanswered, to notify them that I had contacted Consumer Direct to complain and also to notify Suncar that I was going to instigate legal proceedings against them for breach of contract. I will also notify BBC Watchdog what is going on. I will also notify Google and remind them of their own obligations as to verifying that companies that are on their search engines are "playing the game." Consumer Direct did also advise me to take the matter up with my bank. As I paid by debit card, chargeback is something I can ask my bank to do. The banks are not legally obliged to take this up but offers of writing to the bank's chief executive seem to help. I won't hold my breath but a little persistence and stubborness seems to pay dividends. I will get my money back one way or the other.
you haven't lost your money if you paid by card - you should ask your card issuer for a chargeback, sending any emails or details of calls you made to decode/suncar

they are obliged under the consumer credit act to refund you
philip rule

If it is a Visa debit card you have the same rights as a Visa credit card. It doesn't mean you will automatically and immediately get your money back. It will initially become a ‘dispute' in which the claim will be fully investigated by both banks before any money is returned.
you should be very insistent with the card issuer - they tend to resist chargebacks, but if you have not had the service, or been double charged and they refuse to be reasonable, you are within your rights to say that you will deduct the amount from your next bill and not be liable for any interest and if they disagree they should take the matter to court (they won't if you are in the right)
<<you are within your rights to say that you will deduct the amount from your next bill>>

The poster used a debit card to pay so won't get a bill to deduct it from.
good point - chargebacks only work with credit cards - which is why consumerdirect should do something to get suncar/decode's site/s taken down instead of sitting on their arses doing nothing

the moral is also: pay for this sort of stuff on credit cards whenever you can
phillipoppenheim

Chargeback works with debit cards as long as they are Visa debit cards. It works the same as the Visa credit card chargeback.
DO NOT BOOK WITH SUNCARS 29/09/10 -
We hired a car in July 2010 in Greece via Suncars - they took our money but we had to pay a 2nd time on arrival - Suncar have acknowledged there is a problem with their oinline booking system - as of 29 September 2010 they still have not issued a refund. We have raised a 'dispute' with our credit card company. They owe us 500GBP.
I paid in advance but they did not pay the carhire company so i had to pay again. For the last 4 weeks the have been saying they will issue a refund but can't do so now due to 'updates to their system'!!!!!
I'm going to lodge a complaint with trading standards.
Also - the car was the wrong one, the child seat was fauty and there was not the correct amount of petrol in it!!!
Well, I wish I had found this site before I booked my car.
I have the same situation as many before me...I booked my car, paid by credit card, no response from SUNCAR for a car voucher , cancelled as I needed to book with someone else to ensure I get a car for my hols, have now paid twice....no answer on SUNCAR phone....no refund.....NEVER USE SUNCAR!!!!!!
A friend coming to see me usually uses a company that charges 180 pounds for one week for an Izmir Airport Turkey collection. He found Suncar for 112 so booked. When he arrived at the airport the car hire firm made him pay 112 again as Suncar had not paid them and have a 12000 in outstanding bills. I called the car hire company in Kusadasi - Medusa Car hire for clarification and the gentleman I spoke to confirmed the amount he is owed. He is trying to find out if the company is based in England to see if he has a chance to legally get his money back but having digged a bit is not hopeful. Under no circumstances should anyone book and pay upfront with Suncar and if you are flying into Izmir or Bodrum then book Medusa direct as they are also a victim in what seems to be a scam.
Can everyone write to watchdog as if you surf the web there are even more cases of money taken and not refunded. If your only cost is a website this is a serious moneyspinner especially as it is happening in many countries. Trading standards are slow to act and so the best way to reach a wider audience is the television. The car company in Kusadasi continued to let customers have the cars to the tune of 12000 until they realised they would not be paid and from a foeign country it is always difficult to take legal action. This is assuming the company has any money that can be found. We have emailed Watchdog so please do it as whilst most people will be protected by their card companies the likes of Medusa will not.
I've emailed watchdog, I too think it's the only way to stop companies like suncar from trading
Well done scross. I have posted on Turkeycentral to alert people and emailed Voices in Altinkun so am hoping they will do an article. Tomorrow I will contact the kalkan site and post on mymerhaba.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.