Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
sunny beach
15 Posts
Hi Simon,

All of the Bulgarian coastal resorts start to wind down for the end of the summer season around mid-September and some things may well be closed, e.g. waterparks, but the resort doesn't fully close until the middle to end of October.

You'll still find plenty to do when you are there.

Baldur
I've been to Sunny Beach many times at the end of September and found that pubs, restaurants etc begin to shut from around the 6th of October. As for the Action Waterpark near Nessebar it stays open every day from 9.00 to 18.00 until the end of September. You could try their website for further info http://www.aquapark.bg The hotel Kuban in the centre of Sunny Beach also has a waterpark which is open every day until the hotel closes in mid October. Hope this helps ! :tup :sun2
again many thanks all information gratfully received like to no more on sunny beach the more we no the better we can find us

many thanks
simon
Hi lubo25,

As for the Action Waterpark near Nessebar it stays open every day from 9.00 to 18.00 until the end of September. You could try their website for further info http://www.aquapark.bg

The waterpark near Nesebar is Aqua Paradise, which closed on 20th September last year, according to their website. The Action Aquapark (in the North West of the resort) website hasn't been available for quite some weeks/months, just giving error messages.

Baldur
Hi Baldur,

[The Action Aquapark (in the North West of the resort) website hasn't been available for quite some weeks/months, just giving error messages.
/quote]

The website is available for the Action Aquapark as i have just used it before posting my reply maybe its just a while since you have used it. :tup
The website is available for the Action Aquapark as i have just used it before posting my reply maybe its just a while since you have used it.

More likely that you have it cached, I have tried it regularly on numerous computers and with different browsers & all you get are error messages - even Google's cached pages just display this.

Baldur
Hi Baldur,

I just tried the action aquapark site and it works for me too (I've never used the site before so it can't be cached) also the link to the google cached page works fine, it brings up the home page and all the links on it work ok.

Andy
Hi Andy,

May be one of my antispyware programs doing its job on the various Windows-based computers that I use - I'll try a Linux box tomorrow, to check that out - it could also be cached by whichever ISP that people use - e.g Wanadoo/Orange use cached proxy servers from memory.

I can see pages up to 22nd June 2006 on the http://www.aquapark.bg/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">Way Back Machine but pages from August 4th 2006 are not displayed.
Hi Baldur,

following your link to the way back machine displays dates up to Aug 18 2007 for me, I clicked on that date and it took me to the home page of Action Aquapark where I selected "about us" and then "visiting times" which got me to a calender showing that they are closed all of May and open all of June, I couldn't get any info for later in the year though :que

But all the links to the attractions and maps etc. seem to work ok.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Just an update, after trying http://www.aquapark.bg from a Linux box.

The site will still not resolve or respond to pings or traceroutes.

Tried a number of online DNS tools, which show the site's actual IP (as opposed to the URL) as 212.116.150.214, which just leads to an Apache server holding page.

I suppose that it's vaguely possible that my ISP's DNS servers are failing to resolve this one URL, out of the hundreds that I access daily - highly unlikely as online DNS tools also fail to resolve it.

Baldur
I've just tried this, and get the same result as Andy, with opening times up to June, but nothing thereafter
I picked up a 2008 brochure for the Action Aquapark which lists the following opening times.

May 26 - June 10.....10.00 to 18.00
June 11 - August 25.....09.30 to 19.00
August 26 - September 20.....10.00 to 18.00
thanks andy much appracited :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.