Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
it's a personal preference thing,The Pendle Witch and I usually go on half board holidays, it has it's good and bad points,I dont know the sunrise personaly, but check out what's been said about food quality and choice,
some times the selection can be daunting for fussy eaters [we have been to many hotels which don't serve chips or sausages for the evening meal [this upsets some] usually i would expect an international choice with one or two local dishes, but again we have been to hotels which only serve local dishes,

the biggest advantage is cost [especially in Cyprus] the biggest let down can be quality ,choice & set times

pays your dosh and takes your choice

Yasus
wizard
Half board, if the food's ok, can be handy too as hubby and I sometimes spend ages trying to decide which restaurant to eat in if we are S/C or BB :duh
I always like to see if you can change dinner for lunch, as this gives more flexibility and enables you to have dinner out if the mood takes you.
Hi, we've stayed at the Sunrise many times and just go B&B but we do usually have a meal in the resturant as the food is good and now if you are half board you can also choose to eat in the Reef Sports Bar at the hotel (The food is nice there), an Italian restaurant just across the road or a Cypriot restaurant just a short walk away, I think you get an amount to spend but can put to if you choose something more expensive, this system means that you aren't stuck eating every night at the same place, I don't know if there are restrictions as to how many times you can eat where, also if you stay at the Sunrise Pearl you can also eat at the Sunrise Beach but I don't know if you can eat there. Finally the first time we went we paid for 5 days half board out of 14, I think you can just do a certain number of days if you upgrade once you are there so you could do half your holiday half board and half eating out.
Thanks for the replies

Cypruschick - thanks for the advice. Does the hotel allow you to swap dinner for lunch instead if you request it?
Thanks
Hi, we never swapped the evening meal for lunch but I have read on Trip Advisor that you can do this.
Lots of places in Protaras offer a choice of set menus at reasonable prices.
That is a good idea, the Sunrise arranging for you the choice to eat in other places if you opt for half board.

The Sunrise is in a good spot with plenty of choices for eating.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.