Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
:D can anyone help i have booked to go to sunrise holiday resort in november 05 and would like a bit of feed back on hotel as cant find any anywhere thanks for your help TONY :!:
Has anyone been to or know of any information on the sunrise holiday resort in hurghada please help me ?
Hi there
I'm also going to sunrise resort in november.If any of you have sky as someone previously mentioned it's on thomas cook tv (channel 645) frequently in the top ten show and all inclusive specials and obviously in the egypt show. That's where we saw it and booked from seeing it on tv not in the brochure.
If you're divers or snorkellers there is a dive school on the ground floor of the hotel.Voodoo divers,If you go via the padi site you can find their website address to have a look at that.
Can't really offer anymore info other than to say that i'm really looking forward to going. Oh by the way there is another one of these forum sites called holidays uncovered that has a lot of postings on it.The site's not as good or friendly as this one but you can get other peoples opinions.it's more of a review site not the whole kit and kaboodle.
Cheers
Queenie :lol:
hello robert i have found a site with some info on sunrise try this http://www.sunrisehotels-egypt.com and the pictures are brilliant and when we get back i will send u some info of my own
i have just returned from sunrise brilliant holiday great hotel,friendly staff,very clean if you need any info get in touch Tony
Just arrived back from this hotel and what can i say.

Staff are so helpfull, they just love the brits, only because we are so polite i guess.

Rooms are kept very clean as are the grounds and hotel in general, always some one somewhere cleaning.

Pool area is immaculate, once again always someone cleaning, as with the beach.

Annimation team where fabulous, since we arrrived back my boys have even received texts from them saying how sorry they where to see us leave, there shows where excellent and they all worked so hard to make sure everybody enjoyed themselves.

Diving shop under the heated pool was excellant, not pushy but very helpfull, went on 5 good dives and quite cheap we thought.

Giftun Island trip, just off the hotel was great, good snorkling then a few hours on the beach.

Food was ok, different theme everyday but did seem a bit repetative, chicken, beef, and fish with a different sauce. Missed Bacon and sloppy scramblled egg for brecky, might struggle if your a vegitarian, but plenty of salad and fresh fruit. Shops on floor 2 from lobby to dining room, well just be firm and polite with a no or after munchies mate and there ok with that. Avoid perfume shop on ground floor. If you go in and dont buy the bloke can get very abusive. Barter with everyone even the hotel shops

Another must do is Quad bikes across the desert, 5 hour trip to bedowin village, take plenty of stuff to cover up with as it was so hot across desert and avoid going with dodgy tummy, the toilets at the village are something from hell, when i say a hole in the ground i mean a hole in the ground, not even paper for ladies to use.

In general very good hotel, will go back again, Hurghada is under construction, give it a few years and it wont be reconisable.
Can anyone just confirm that the Sunrise El Palacio Holiday Resort and the Sunrise Holiday Resort, both in Hurgada, are definitely the same place ?

Thanks,

Graham.
Going to this hotel 22nd Sept and have a couple of questions for anyone with an answer:
Are there any shops / bars within easy walking distance of the hotel ?
What sort of trips are available from this hotel / resort ?

Thanks,

Graham.
Hi, have any of you who have been to the Sunrise Holidays Resort in Hurghada got any photos you'd be happy to email me? I'm going with my fiance in May 2007, and am so looking forward to it - it'd be nice to hear your views about the place. :)
Sunrise el Palacio & Sunrise Resort are two different places see here http://www.sunrisehotels-egypt.com/docs/resorts.htm
I'm going back to Sunrise Holidays resort in 3 weeks time... yay! :hyper sadly only for a week, but I've no doubt we shall go back there again & again! :D
I've been onto the Sunrise website and have added those hotels that we didn't have to our review site.

However I was confused/concerned because the el Palacio is no longer on their site (our details originally came from the Sunrise website). I notice now, that the Holiday resort has been added as the 'recently renovated' etc and has the same address ie

Address :
Corniche Road - Touristic Center - Hurghada
- Red Sea - Egypt

Tel: +2 065 3 445080
Fax: +2 065 3 445085

E-mail :
holidayshotel@sunrisehotels-egypt.com

Travel republic have the address for the El Palacio as

Sunrise El Palacio Resort Hotel
CORNICHE ROAD, HURGHADA - RED SEA, EGYPT, Central
Hurghada, Egypt

I'll add the Holiday Resort as it stands but will email the hotel to ask if a name change has been made.

Hope this makes sense :rofl
Corniche Road is a very long road - Corniche Road translates as Beach Road! :lol: I have pm'd you - there are a few 'Sunrise' Hotels in Hurghada now, the official website doesn't even seem up to date... :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.