Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
I've added this hostel to our review site. If anyon has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Pandoro - Click Here for the hostels website.
Pelekas beach is indeed stunning. In June it should still be fairly quiet. Unfortunately for those like myself who remember it pre-sunbed, umbrellas and buildings it has changed, but the changes are fairly low key. Even the new hotel can be ignored as long as you are facing the sea!

Spend your time soaking up the sun on the terrace at Sunrock and wander down in the morning and evening to enjoy the empty sea and sand.

If you tire of your backpacking co-guests you can try Spiros Taverna at the other end of the beach - relations of the folks at Sunrock - where you'll sometimes find an eclectic mix. Avoid the taverna below Sunrock unless you have a big budget!

All the nightlife you'll need is up the hill in Pelekas itself. Can be laid back, can be lairy. Starts getting busier towards the end of June. There's a free minibus service up and down which also goes to Glyfada. Pelekas Cafe is highly recommended. For clubbing the best bet is to get into Corfu Town or to Gouvia on the other side of the island.

You may struggle to rent a scooter without some form of licence. I wouldn't be driving at night unless you are used to the poor standards of both roads and road users!

For more info about Pelekas check out http://www.pelekas.com.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.