Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Datca is about 90 km from Marmaris and has it's own support system. That is banks, nightlife, internet cafes and I think even a Macdonalds ( god save us!)
The area is beautiful with clear waters, clean air, terrific views and a vibrant community of about 8,000.
Whilst probably not a mecca for partygoers, Datca is a popular resort for Turkish holidaymakers.
try this link http://www.datcainfo.com/welcome.html
Thanks mate- that's been very helpful. I know asking for a mcdonalds seems heinous, but when your doing a season, sometimes there's nothing better than a BigMac and a copy of the Times on your day off!!
Cheers

tank
HI FOLK'S

IM GOING TO SUNSAIL CLUB PERILI IN DATCA IN 4 WEEKS TIME AND WANTED A LITLE BIT MORE INFO.

NEVER BEEN ON THIS KIND OF HOLIDAY, AND UNDERSTAND THERE HAS BEEN SOME IMPROVEMENTS!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME MORE - RESORT, ACCOMMODATIN, FOOD, TRAINING, SAFETY.

HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME MORE.
REALLY LOOIKING FORWARD TO IT AND CANT WAIT.

THANKS FOR YOU TIME. xxxxx :lol:
Hello Bungle and welcome to HT :wave
Can I ask please that you do not post in CAPS on the forum. It makes posts harder to read and is not classed as good netiquette.

Many thanks

Kath HT Admin
Hi Tank

Im going to Perili in May and not been on a Sunsail before. Are you able to shed any more light on this kind of holiday/resort and company? From what i have read and after speaking to a Rep at the 2005 sailing exhibition i understand it is an absolutley lovely resort but very quiet.

How long have you been working for Sunsail and do you have any advise for someone who has no experience whatsoever.
Hi. This will be my second summer with sunsail, but I do know quite a lot about all the clubs from other staff who have worked elsewhere. I was at Leda in greece last summer, and that was quite a small club- very quiet in may/ june with nearly as many staff as guests, but high season a bit busier. Perili is similar apparently- very quiet location, beautiful surroundings etc.

In terms of the sunsail format, its pretty awesome. If youve never sailed, theres free clinics and lots of help to get you out there, and if you have theres races and yacht sailing too. The evening entertainment is very good, with punch parties, quizes, a 'theme' night, and a end of week prizegiving- all very relaxed and just a bit of fun with staff generally making themselves look like idiots! What ive gathered about perili is its a stunning place with good wind and a cracking bar...all you need!!

Unfortunately for me, I'm not out till june/ july so i wont see you, but I hope you have a fantastic time- everyone does.

tank
Hi Tank,

Thanks very much, really looking forward to going now. :)
Hope you enjoy your time in Turkey even if it is to work. :wink:

Keep up the good work
Oops very sorry, didnt realise.

:oops:

:oops:

I was just trying to highlight my message and was hoping to get a better response than last time.....

:(

Im getting really excited now and want to know as much info as possible.

Im surprised that i have not heard much about a a big company like sunsail. Can you help me with this matter or is it a matter of no news is good news.

Eager HT fan.

XXX
Going out next Saturday 14th May 2005 - Surely there must be more people out there who has been!

Please - Need to know more before i go as i getting really excited and cant wait. :D
What a lovely hotel and how professional the Sunsail Company are.

This was my first sailing/activity holiday and hopefully will not be my last.

Perili Hotel is in a very remote area, a good 3 hrs away from Dalaman Airport but i think it was well worth the travelling time. The rooms are all very different, our rooms was on the top floor of the main building we had a large balcony and beautiful view over the resort.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all buffet style, located on a large open terrance area, next to the bar where you had views across the beach.

Staff were very friendly, plenty to do and loads to learn if you wanted to. You were not pressurised into doing anything you didnt want to do but you were given plenty of advice but then left to your own devices. The main thing was to have fun. Safety was very good, plenty of staff and everyone looked out for everyone.

I went in May for 2 weeks and by the end of my holiday i had built up enough confidence to sail 2 different kind of dinghy's and thanks to other experienced hoiday makers i was given the opportunity to go out on the day yachts where i learnt the basics.

Weather in May was very good, calm on some days which was good for the beginners and then it got very windy for the more experienced sailor)

Other facilities included, tennis, mountain biking, gym and keep fit & aqua aerobics .... All included free of charge.

Most people would go the the bar area after dinner where they would arrange a form of entertainment, Quiz etc...

A very special place, would happily return and would give this holiday and resort 9/10. Unfortunately, being so far away from any other life and not having any shops to browse or restaurants/bars to go to is the only dissapointment for me.

If you want peace and tranquility then this is the place for you...

Well done Sunsail, thanks for a lovely time.
Hope tank enjoyed his season at perili even though there is no macdonalds for many miles!! I should think the nearest one is Marmaris. I'm a fairly frequent visitor to sunsail clubs - every year for 14 years!! Perili is my favourite, we love datca so much that we bought a villa there. We still have sunsail hols as well though. The club is not so far from the shops etc, you just hop on a dolmus that passes on the main road every hour or get a taxi or take the clubs mini bus trip about 3 times a week.
I had a great season- already asked to go back there for next year. Awesome club, Awesome place, Awesome wind...

Didnt see a mcdonalds till I got back home which was fantastic- i only asked to get an idea of the sort of place I was going to!!!

If you have not been to turkey, and are put off by Midnight Express or any other stuff like that- Dont be. The place is incredible, and the locals (especially around Datca) are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I had a great time with all the turkish guys out there and that is a major reason I want to go back and work there.

Hope to see you there next summer.

tank
Might see you around then tank - don't worry i am an old married woman i'm not trying to pick you up!!!!!! I'm quite friendly with some of the staff especially Pasa. If its not full up we sometimes come down for a day so save a good windsurf board for the other half. Last year we nipped over to Javelin for a week as they had a couple of spare rooms. Hope you have a great season.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.