Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Sunset bay are well located for shops and bars,good beach just 5 to 10 minutes away. Apartments are very well furnished although there are quite a few steps and inclines within the complex
Regards beccafcr
I think a lot of it is timeshare.
I strolled around the complex last week. Looks very good. There are steps to the upper apartments-I think.
Very close to the beach at Puerto Colon.
Near Fanabe-a nice area.
Enjoy,
Billyboy.
O dear-age is creeping up.
I was in Sunset Harbour.
Sunset Bay is indeed across the road-which is dug up at the moment.
Near enough to everything,
Billyboy.
Hi

Hubby & I stayed at Sunset Harbour (also known as Pueblo Torviscas) at the end of February. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. I have posted a review within the hotel review section if it helps.
We have stayed a Sunset Bay 5 or 6 times and have never had any trouble with noise. It is a very hilly complex and some of the apartments are up 4/5 flights of stairs. Keeps you fit!!! Which block are you staying in?

It is central for everything - 5-10 mins walk to the beach.Lots of small shops nearby and several large supermarkets 10 - 15 min walk.
Dont know which block were in but we were warned it has 2 flights of stairs as its on the top floor! but it looks lovely so hopefully worth the hike hehe.

Thanks for all your replies theyve been very helpful :wink:
Just arrived back from Sunset Bay yesterday. :( . Think this is my 9th time staying there. Some of the apartments are up a steep hill, but although our apartment is on the D block, just beside the strip of bars, we have never had too much bother with noise.

One complaint we did have this year though was that the mats for the sun loungers were in very short supply, which did cause a bit of tension and aggro round the pool. Lots of people setting their alarms for 5am to reserve their 'spots' but not appearing til after lunchtime. tut tut.
Hi,
We were told at the welcome meeting that if there were any problems with "reserved" sunbeds to let Reception know- though we have never had a problem as we usually use the ones on our balcony.
Reception staff have always been very heplful and endeavour to sort out any query or problem immediately.
Hi, I am going to Sunset Bay for Easter. I have booked an apartment through Maestro so dont really know what to expect in the apartment eg kettle , hairdryer etc. Does anyone know if there is a laundry on site or nearby?
The apartments have all the essentials - kettle, iron, tv, hairdryer. Although the hairdryer, which is in the bathroom, is not great for long hair, so I normally take my own.

I think there is a laundry up by reception, although I have never used it so cant be certain...
I just found out were staying in block C. Someone I know has just come back from Tenerife and said Sunset Bay looked nice although the weather there last week was kinda mixed! Hope it warms up a bit before we go in 4 weeks :lol:
There is a laundry by the reception and there are a couple of bars next to the laundry. Depending on how far away from the reception you are the more stairs/hills you will have to use so you may well need a drink when you get there. We stayed at this resort once and personally didn't like it at all. Looked like a concrete jungle with too many steps and too many hills. You go out in the evening have a lovely meal and a drink then have to do a session in the gym in order to get back to your room, not very relaxing.
I dont like the sound of all the steps and hills, especially as I booked this to avoid the long walk back up the hill we had the last two years staying at the Riu and El Duque. It cant be as bad as that? I guess the extra exercise means we can eat and drink a little more? We are staying in block D.
Believe me the hills and steps are that bad. Can't remember what block we were in (and don't particularly want to) but we had a total of 5 flight of stairs and a nice hill to contend with
Not many steps or hills involved if you are staying in D block. D Block is the first one you come to as you enter the complex.
Happy to hear that , although really I'm just glad to be getting away for a bit of sunshine1 thanks for replies.
At least the you dont need to climb a hill to get to the complex itself, like the Riu Adeje, and as previously mentioned D block doesnt involve a hill anyway. There is a strip of bars just outside D block, apparently Heathers is the cheapest - seemed to be the busiest when we were there anyway. You will have a great time, wish it was me :wink:
Hi everyone.

Can anyone recommend any good firms to book the Sunset Bay apartments with? I am looking for a studio for 1 in October as I have friends staying in this complex.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Anne.
Hi Anne,
I booked the Sunset Bay apartments through Maestro Vacations, we had a two bedroom apartment, dont know if they have studios:

http://www.maestrovacations.com

Julie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.