Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
You will be in Tenerife, why would you want to know the best Pubs, Chinese, Indian and English Restaurants :lol:
The places I recommend are based on a 2 week stay in Tenerife and are by no means the "best"....but were the best we found on our stay.

Chinese - Slowboat by Costa Adeje Gran

Indian - Didn't see one around Costa Adeje, only around Porto Colon in PDLA. Didn't try it though

English - Wigan Pier in PDLA near Veronicas.

Pubs - well its not like England in Costa Adeje where you can go from pub, your going to need to go to the Veronicas area to get that kind of night.

Shopping - Theres a market every Tuesday and Saturday on one of the big car parks: same road as Costa Adeje Gran. Also for more "upmarket" shops try Costa Del Duque at the bottom end of Adeje.

Entertainment - We tended to stay in the hotel as the entertainment there was excellent. La Hacienda is also well worth the visit. A night of Cabaret, meal and drinks included. The Carvery at the edge of Porto Colon has an excellent night out on a Wednesday night, something like £15 for a night meal entertainment and all drinks included.
Theres a market every Tuesday and Saturday

Just a small correction, the Torviscas market is Thurs & Sat.
Los Cristianos market on a Sunday. :wink:
. The Carvery at the edge of Porto Colon
Can you tell me where this is as we will be staying at that end when we go next. We are going half board but would enjoy a good night out like that too.
Hi Debbymark,

The Carvery is right on the sea front by Playa La Pinta beach on the right side.
There are a couple of nice 'International' restaurants in playa a la pinta (near Peurto Colon) The Blue Marlin and the Bahia Beach

Enjoy
We stayed at Sunset Bay in March. We noticed a newly opened Indian restaurant on the beachfront, but were leaving next day so didnt have time to try it. Looked really nice. Anyone been?

Cant remember the name of it, but its part of a chain. Theres one is Los Cristianos which my friend raves about, and I wondered if this one was up to the same standard? If so, will give it a try next year.
Star of the East is the name of the indian restaurant on the beach front. The food is excellent in there - we went twice recently. The only fault i would find is it takes ages to get served and the gap between starter and main course was about 45 minutes. As we had our 18 month old baby with us it was a little long to be waiting but otherwise i would recommend it.
We stayed at Sunset Bay in March. We noticed a newly opened Indian restaurant on the beachfront, but were leaving next day so didnt have time to try it. Looked really nice. Anyone been?

Cant remember the name of it, but its part of a chain. Theres one is Los Cristianos which my friend raves about, and I wondered if this one was up to the same standard? If so, will give it a try next year.

The one is Los cristianos has closed I'm afraid, it was the Star of India. There is a sister one called the Star of Asia which is in Las Americas, as far as I know this one is still open. The one on Fanabe beachfront is Star of the East as Andrea says. All 3 are owned by the same people.
we are staying half board but hubby always looking for good indian restuarant whilst away can t seem to go 2 wks without a madras curry, is this within walking distance of adeje gran hotel.
Yes thats where we stayed. Out of the hotel go down the hill in front of you to the posh shopping precinct. Walk around it to the small bay near to Grand Anthelia Hotel and head to your left. You will see Fanabe beach ahead. Walk down and Star of the East is towards the far end on the left. Near to the First and Last Bar. Can't miss it. Allow plenty of time for your meal though
thanks andrea, probably passed it whilst there in march as we went that way and walked right along to pdla to the shops, will let you know how it went on our return
You may not have recognized it. Its only been open recently. Dont know what it was before. Maybe a shop or a bar.

The kitchen is tiny which may explain the slowness of the service. Hopefully they plan to expand it. The bar is twice the size it needs to be and the kitchen is half the size.

http://www.tenerife-curries.com/pages/restaurants/star-of-the-east.php
always looking for good indian restuarant

Try http://www.tenerife-curries.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.