Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
surprised
3 Posts
A similar policy is used at a "help yourself" buffet restaurant near us, here in England. The buffet is a set price but to stop people over filling their plates and then wasting food, there is a charge for any food left on the plates.
I can see the logic in that, but that is a situation where you actually choose how much is on your plate.
However if you order a meal in a restaurant you do not have that choice, OK maybe you can order less side dishes.
it is the policing of such a rule that fascinates me.
Surely , anyone with brains, who has left over food will simply ask for a "doggy bag" and take it home to throw in the bin there.
How, for example would a person go on if the food was not up to standard (but too good to complain about). or you ordered a dish not knowing what it was and didn't like it when it arrived?
I think that if any restaurant tried to impose a fine on me fo left overs then that would probably be the last time I dined there
Don't know about anyone else but I very rarely finish the rice served in Goa.
Possibly another related "problem" could be , if leftovers are reduced or abolished...what do the stray dogs eat?
I find this ruling absolutley bizarre!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.