General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
there's a good one to ponder! What were night time temps like? I'm wondering whether the sea has a moving current with water coming up from much further south (like the Jet Stream off western Scotland) so the temperature doesn't reflect local conditions. If the air cools down at night the pool will give up heat but the sea wouldn't, or rather it would but would be replaced by warmer southern water later.
No idea of the science behind it, but it isn't just Turkey all the pools in Egypt are cold as well, colder than the sea. Have been March/April and Oct time and most unheated pools are empty of people and whatever heated pool facility that the hotel supplies - normall one smallish pool, is packed.
Our pool at the Sonesta st George in Luxor first week in Dec this year was just like getting into a warm[not hot] bath,you felt cold coming out :) even though the weather was in the low 80/s

annx
Pool at Bodrum Imperial was fairly cold in the morning but did get warmer just before lunch, the big pool was warmer than the baby pool as well. That was last 2 weeks of May. The sea was colder than the pool, I dipped my toes in on the last day.
When we went to Barbados in September all three pools were cooler than the sea, which incidentally was like getting into a bath! They do have to treat and test all pool water so I'm sure it is temperature controlled unless the pools are fresh water pools.
I have been to Turkey many many times over the last 20 years and the only pool that wasnt too deep or cold was at the Club Julian.
Even when we went to Icmeler in June 2007 during a heatwave when the teperatures got into the 40s the pools were still freezing.
I think the pools in Turkey are always cold as they are usually quite deep so take longer for the sun to heat them. :que
The pool in Turkey October just gone was so cold it took my breath away to get in! I managed to swim a length up and down but that was all I could bear. The sea on the other hand was lovely and warm. In mid summer the pools in Turkey are warm enough though. I think it is beacuse the temperature drops quite a bit at night towards the end of season.

At the beginning of the season in Turkey the sea is freezing and although the pools are cold they aren't as cold as the sea is.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.