Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I think most hotels let you, if you eat and drink there,i have had food and drink at other hotels and nobody seems bothered.
this may really sound daft but would you walk in and ask to use the pool and explain that you will be eating and drinking there or just walk to the retaurant/cafe then ask when your there? I just dont wanna walk in, get into the pool and then be chucked out :oops: haha
just ask tell them you will eat and drink,some make a small charge.
Brilliant, i will defo be trying that then! have you got any names of hotels that have allowed you to do this by any chance?
Have no names,just go in hotels you want and ask i dont think you will have problem.
just go in hotels you want and ask i dont think you will have problem.

Just don't ask at the Marriot in Panjim - they'll ask you for a 3 month subscription to the health club. :(

A few years ago (before the Russians came) it used to be 120 Rs for the use of the pool, changing rooms and a clean towel. :D
Gutted the Marriott was going to be our first choice!hahaha
Gutted the Marriott was going to be our first choice!hahaha

Here's a good tip - if you're in Panjim go to the Marriot's Coffee Shop for a coffee and a cake. The cakes and gateaux are superb - expensive by Indian terms mind. :shock:

We often go there and enjoy an afternoon poncing around in the air-conditioned luxury. :D
Trixxy. Just watch the unfriendliness,stares, comments,and complaints to the management from resident guests as you use their sunbeds and 'private pool'that they have paid for and you have'nt.I guess you will last a couple of hours if you are thick skinned.
How will the other guests know you aren't a resident, the turnover is tremendous? Just ask for a towel and find a place to sit down.
It used to be a common thing for tourists to do the Brunch and spend all afternoon at the pool.
Just don't ask at the Marriot in Panjim

That was the hotel we got put up in about 6 years ago, our return flight got delayed by over 24 hours so we spent a night there.
Proper comfy beds, it was heaven compared to sleeping on rock solid beds in a 2star hotel for 2 weeks.
last year our hotel pool was in the shade so we used the pool at the senor angelo and casa de goa. We ate and drank at the case de goa but not at senor angelo. Never got questioned at all

Hope this helps

bob
Trixxy I know that the Sun Village used to do a day A/I (Sundays) for about £10 per adult, which included all food, drinks and use of pool, gym ect...KEITH
We visited Cochin a couple of years ago, it was my first visit for about 40 years. In those days the top Hotel was "The Malabar" and when we could get off the ship, we went there for a dip, the English cricket team used to use it, when they were playing in that part.
When we arrived, it had turned into a very upmarket Taj Hotel, we went in and I asked for the duty manager and explained my memories of the old days, and asked if we could have a look round the gardens and the pool. He took the trouble to show us round himself, got us settled in our sun beds and ordered us a pot of coffee ! We spent a pleasant day there, and I can recommend both their infinity pool and their club sandwiches, served of course with stiff linen napkins !!. Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.