Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi i used to in TGI shack but fell out with them after 6 years off being on their shack. I didnt think Francis the owner of TGI got a licence this season and instead of putting up a shack without a licence as he usually does he wasnt going to risk it this season . A friend of mine who was walking Baga beach yesterday said the shacks are being put up but where TGI usually is there is a lifeguard watch tower .
But if you have talked to Francis he must have got a licence. Good for him and his staff. Oh i have been told that Sonu is working in Spain !!! so i bet thats not true either .
Hi there... we are hoping to return to Goa this year (December time)... I don;t suppose you have contact details for Francis or Sonu at TGI's? I have lost their information. Francis called us earlier this year, but rang off before we got his number. Hope you can help.
Hi,
I have Martins number if that is any use to you, 919822302521, sonu was not there at easter when we went but he was at xmas, i think he was coming back for this season tho. :tup

Pip
x
Thats great thank you very much... Have you booked for Christmas yet? I am finding the prices have gone up quite alot this year. Not sure whether to wait and see if they go down over the next few weeks. - what do you think? :cheers
Hi Schmu

Do you know that TGI shack site is a lot closer to Calangute now, about the 5 on from the Big Banana or you can get to it down the road where Hot Plates used to be.

We was in there on their last day this season, laying on a sunbed waiting for the sunset with a few drinks while they took the place apart, of course Martin could not help as he might have to get us another drink
no I didnt know that... we didn't go last season - but have been '06, 07, and '08. have things changed much? Where do you normally stay?
. have things changed much?

No not really, a few shacks got moved around last season, normally only by a couple of places but TGI got pushed right down the beach and did not want to move that far.

There is a lifeguard station where TGI and Antoine's was, so TGI squeezed in between two nearby shacks but they got a lot of hassle from them and the police pulled down their shack a few times while they awaited a court ruling, in the end they decided it was better to move and get established in the new site rather than suffer the hassle.

We live near Mapusa and have known Martin since he worked at Boscos, normally call in a least once a week if we are near Baga. Not so easy to get to now as we have to find somewhere to park the car and walk down the beach but still worth while for inexpensive good quality food and a laugh with the lads.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.