Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Stayed there myself with the wife and kids and it was ok. It is quiet but a great base to strike out from for trips. You can get an idea of trip prices from here. I went on the Jordan Petra trip which was brilliant.

http://www.longwoodholidays.co.uk/sinai/tours.htm

The games room has a pool table and table tennis.
thankyou, seems not many have been there due to lack of replies

does anyone have any idea of the weather in oct?
Hi Namij,

I think that the reason you have not had many replies is because not everyone realises that you are referring to what has previously been known as The Sea Star hotel in Taba. You will find plenty of online reviews under this name.

Weather in october? Well, we have been to Nuweiba, which is just down the road from Taba, twice in october and are booked to go again in october of this year. We have found it to be pleasantly hot most of the time, although there can be a slight breeze on occasion. Certainly worth taking a light cardigan or jacket for the evenings, just in case.

If you have a look on the Longwood Holiday site, you will find a list of tour prices in the area, I think.

Haven't stayed at The Sea Star but have often stopped there to drop off others. Looks quite nice from the outside, only small problem for me is that the beach is on the other side of the main road from the hotel.
Taba is a lovely resort..very quiet but very nice. There are a number of trips available but I only went on the excursion into Israel to the Dead Sea and then onto Jerusalem. I am not sure if this is suitable for very young children though as it is a very long day and alot of walking is involved.

There is the trip to Petra which I was desperate to go on but could not as we were flying home that day. There is also the usual quad biking excursions into the mountains, the camel safari's and like a bedouin night under the stars.

Weather wise..it is nice during the day but it can get chilly at night so I suggest a lightweight jacket.cardigan or fleece.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.