Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It is about 5 miles from Victor exotica. Head to Candolim and keep going, it is on your right as you are leaving Candolim in the direction of the old fort at Aguada.
It is about 5 miles from Victor exotica.

Oh no it's not - that's the Taj Holiday Village. It's only about 1 mile actually! :shock:
Taj Exotica is in Benaulim, south Goa.
Taj Exotica is down south in Benaulim
Have a look at the report by geoff s- some useful info for you there.
This reply related to Taj Exotica Benaulim, so now off-topic. Mods please remove if you wish.

Original Post

I did quite of bit of exploring in that area by moped in February. Everything is fairly spead out in that area, so it all depends on how you plan to spend your time. If you want to make regular trips to shops and alternative beaches then you'll need transport like a hired moped unless you are willing to pay for taxis. There does not seem to be many tuc-tucs in that area and most of the taxis are based around the hotels. The nearest tuc-tucs are based in Benaulim and I never found many south of there. Likewise Benaulim is probably the nearest place for moped hire and a wider range of shops.
There are lots of places worth going to nearby like Benaulim, Colva, Varca and Carvelossim. Margao isn't that far either.
  • Edited by geoff_s 2007-05-08 13:54:30
sorry send you all on goose chase meant taj village is were vlla is close to
I've now changed your thread title and also edited your first post. Don't worry about it- mistakes happen :D
I've stayed at the Taj Holiday Village in Sinquerim three times. The grounds are wonderful and it's really pleasant to stay there. Needless to say the excellent restaurants there and at the nearly Fort Aguada Beach Report are expensive as are the taxis from the Taj rank. But there is plently to explore on foot in the area other than the Taj and Candolim is only a short distance away. I've walked or used the local bus to Candolim on many occasions. The buses leave from just to the south of the Taj entrance and run every ten minutes up to around 7pm (4 Rupees to Candolim). At night walking along the road can be a little hazardous with so much traffic, so I tended to go out on the bus before 6:30 and return by taxi.
There is public access to the beach and the fort by taking a road to the right at the T junction at Sinquerim bus terminus. There are some other access ways to the beach off the main road but it takes a bit of exploring to find them.
Generally I've found everything I need in the immediate area or up to Candolim with perhaps just the odd trip to Calangute or Panjim for shopping. For going any further than Candolim I used to get the bus to Candolim and take taxis from there. There is a fixed rate rank outside of the Dona Alcina.
From Candolim to the Taj is now almost continuous shops, stalls and restuarants but it does start to thin out a little the towards the Taj.
thanks fiona for your help,and the post been great help too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.