Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Simon,
Can't really answer your questions, but would be interested in any replies as we are going as a family of 12 at the end of October as well, and this will include three girls - one nearly 2 and two just over 2. Maybe we'll see you - where are you staying? Look for a noisy Welsh family!!!
Wendy
Hi there

Aqualandia closes 12th October, Terra Mitica is open until 4th November but only on weekends in October, so i would presume the other parks would be similar dates. There are plenty of ticket agents in Benidorm you can confirm this with.

Sorry can't help with the other questions as have no experience with travelling with children

Regards

Sarah
We've been travelling lately with my grandson (now 2.5) and decided to buy a cheap lie back buggy from Argos (a Chicco Xplorer Stroller in Red)
We have taken it to Egypt twice and Cuba. You use it at the airports and it gets taken as you get into the plane. We have always got it at the airport although the airline lost a case once and the buggy was delayed putting on the carousel at bristol and we left the airport without it. A member of the airport staff brought it out to us when we realised! It has survived day to day use well as it is easy to chuck in the cars and is about to jet off to Mexico.

When my kids were younger we had a MaClaren double lie back buggy. In those days the buggies were quite small and compact. That double buggy lasted for years and went through several changes of children. If they do something similar it may be better for you as both nippers can be catered for at the same time, but it was not so big and bulky that one looked out of place.
Most of the airlines do not count the buggy as part of the luggage allowance but it is worth checking just in case as the no frill airlines add new charges daily.
Thanks for the buggy info Steve, we have a cheap stroller, so may well take that.

Thanks for the theme park info Sarah, we'll time our visit so the kids see Mundomar and Terra Mitica at least.

Wendy - we are looking at staying at either the Terralta, Buena Vista, or Rinconada Real - not book yet. Where are you staying?

Simon
Hi Simon,
We are staying at the Nereo - just across from the Indoor Market. This area is fine for us as it's quite close to the beach, the Triangle pubs (which have child-friendly entertainment (i.e. Louis the Clown!) and not too far from Pancho's, which also has earlyish entertainment for the kids.
I think we have decided that we are taking our light-weight buggies with us, as they can be used right up to the aircraft gates.
Only six weeks today, and we'll be off!!
Wendy
Hi Wendy,

The triangle pubs, are they the ones slightly up the hill in the Rincon?
Vincents?

Will head there if we end up staying in the Buena Vista.
Yes, those are the ones - good family entertainment.
Wendy
Mundomar should still be open as we have been there in December in the past. I think it only closes on Christmas Day but apart from that is open all year round. (going from memory)

I hope so anyway, as we are now going to Beni in late November and will be planning on a day out there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.