Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Re: Baby Milk
62 Posts
Had forgotten about the extra security. I guess you would have to package the milk in your main luggage and put it in sealed tupperware boxes to prevent it leaking. Again spread it across all luggage you have so if 1 is delayed you can still carry on until it arrives.
fin54 wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me if you can buy ready made cow and gate newborn baby milk in costa adeje, going for ten nights with 3 month old baby in june.

Yes BUT it's VERY expensive compared to back home

and a word of warning Nappies are HORRENDOUSLY expensive take loads with you
just thought i would add this if the admin didn't mind

Baby milk warning issued in the Canaries after reported outbreaks of salmonella:
http://www.newscanarias.net/1000003/1000126/0/21150/article_ic.html
  • Edited by David 2008-08-30 11:10:23
    Post edited due to copyright restrictions, weblink inserted to replace quoted text
We will be travelling to Tenerife in october with a 3 month old baby. As we are going for 2 weeks we are considering only taking a few days supplies of nappies, wipes and powdered milk, so we dont get hammered with our luggage allowance. Does anybody know if the supermarkets stock Aptamil powdered milk or a Spanish equivalent, I think its made by milupa. We are staying at the bahia principe and I know there are a couple of small supermarkets in playa paraiso which may stock it. As we will be making a few trips into the fanabe/puerto colon area I was thinking about some of the larger supermarkets in this area.

Thanks in anticipation.
not to sure to be honest but heads up on this link http://www.newscanarias.net/1000003/1000126/0/21150/article_ic.html

we share our nappies and baby formular in each of our cases and never been over (20kilo) and we take 70 nappies, where going again to tenerife on tuesday and doing the same system, for the babys bottles we sterilise them in a large 5ltr empty bottle of water bottle, just slice the top of it so you can put the babys bottles in with fresh bottled water and some milton fluid,much better than a sink :tup
Hiya

We travelled to Tenerife last year with baby I did take pampers with me but when I ran out I found the spanish nappies to be just as good and more economical, I also bought baby meals there too, not a big selection and they are labelled in spanish( although you can tell by the pics what is in them) but buying their own is cheaper than forking out for the brands we get back home. I am sure they have baby milk too though our Lo was on cows milk by then,and I did purchase baby cereal too. Hope this helps.

dimples x
Aptimil, as far as I know, is only available at the large ICELAND in Las Chafiras. About 18 euros a tub.
Hello!

We've just come back and the only baby milk powder I saw was a Nestle one that we don't have in the UK.

Food in jars is available tho my little ones, twins, turned it down, monkeys!!! Decided they liked Mummy's meal most days!!!

Nappies were great tho, we decided the best ones were Dodot, and we get through a few, believe me!!!! I would save your luggage allowance for swim nappies as these seemed rare and expensive in Tenerife.

Have fun! S xxx :)
Hi there, we are going to costa adeje in april next year, I also do not want to take formula, he is taking aptimil for hungrier babies, do they stock this over there? (sorry if you have covered this already) Thanks Lisa
Yes, they do sell aptimil in Tenerife.
There is a large chemist on the corner of the skypark road that sell the powder formula. They also do SMA :)
Hi
I am hoping someone can help. We will we staying in the Bitacora Hotel but will need some Aptamil Baby Milk cartons and powder please can you advise where this can be bought from in PDLA?

Many Thanks
  • Edited by David 2009-08-29 21:13:05
    Merged with existing topic, which may provide some useful info while you wait for further feedback.
Hi, I think you can get it chemist, one of our grandaughters was on it but it was 4 years ago, but we got it then.
Hope this helps
Margaret(madmum) :que
okie dokie

we just did a search of local chemists our advise to you is take your own powdered milk in your case.
For the Aptimil baby milk powdered its 24.90 euro's and is only £8 in the UK yikes.........

My friend took her 5 month old baby who is only on milk and she took 3 tubs for 2 weeks feeding every 3 hours 6 floz
Hi Everyone

I am new to this site so I hope I am doing this right......

We are going to Tenerife on 6th July and staying at the Gran Oasis Resort. My youngest daughter is 11mths old and I am getting worried about what I should take with me. Does anyone know if there is a shop nearby that I can buy jars of baby food and also a tub of baby milk? she still has a morning & bedtime bottle. I am stressing myself out about this and as we are arriving late at night, I don't want to be stuck with nothing (although i could take a few jars to see me through to the next day). Also we are all inclusive so we will only be taking €250 then withdrawing money from the bank when we're there as and when we need it ( only because we both get paid 2 days after we get there lol). Finally can you go swimming with Dolphins in Tenerife?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debs
i've just returned with my 18 month old from costa adeje and found hyper dino had sma formula,nappies and swim nappies,i can't remember how much the milk was but nappies were 10 euro's for 16 pampers size 5!!! and 13 euro's for 10 huggies swim nappies! prices in other shops were just about the same.wipes were around 3 euro for pampers and johnson's.we used hyper dino and spar quite alot,we stayed at iberostar torviscas playa and both were near by,also a self branded 'asda' sold english products for a reasonable price.all this info is too late for the above poster but will hopefully help with other people! :cheers
Where in Tenerife can you buy....Babies nappies from? I don't want to take loads but a few days worth till I can get some.

baby will be " by the time we go she may or may not be outa nappies.
:cheers
Emmaa
Hi Emma, you can get nappies from any supermarket, sorry i dont know how much they are.
Margaret(madmum) :wave:
thank you, also can you buy swimming nappies out there a swell.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.